International Buyers in Classifieds, Scammers?
Feb 13, 2012 at 3:41 PM Post #16 of 28

Quote:
Oops, indeed: https://www.paypal-marketing.co.uk/safetyadvice/BuyerProtectionOffEbay.htm

Either way, this is a last resort solution...I'm sure professional crooks know how to evade this procedure.

PS: The word you were looking for is "mistake", not "lie" BTW.

well you got the idea - no need to get touchy lol
At  least now you know :wink:

Feb 13, 2012 at 4:28 PM Post #17 of 28
I prefer to buy from sellers I fully trust and not pay any extra for a service I won't need, so gift all the way for me...even from pro ebay sellers I've already done business w/: ebay+paypal fees make up for around 10% these monopolistic companies won't be getting from me 
evil_smiley.gif

I guess it's a good solution if you dunno who you're doing business w/, but it's still very risky to rely on them IMHO. And sellers accepting non-gift MUST ship registered+insured to cover their back.

Feb 13, 2012 at 5:01 PM Post #18 of 28

Quote:
I prefer to buy from sellers I fully trust and not pay any extra for a service I won't need, so gift all the way for me...even from pro ebay sellers I've already done business w/: ebay+paypal fees make up for around 10% these monopolistic companies won't be getting from me 
evil_smiley.gif

I guess it's a good solution if you dunno who you're doing business w/, but it's still very risky to rely on them IMHO. And sellers accepting non-gift MUST ship registered+insured to cover their back.

hehe yes - just to think ebay makes 10% off pretty much every sale...makes you think how rich they really are, for doing...well nothing.

Feb 13, 2012 at 8:28 PM Post #19 of 28

Quote:
Well, international goods should always be shipped insured and registered...together w/ a very low value on the customs papers and the "gift" checkbox ticked if your country is hostile to gray imports.

If you were not willing to pay for this, you can only blame yourself if it never shows up I'm afraid 
redface.gif

Bought them through lendmeurears ebay website, paid with paypal. Hoping it's due to a lack of efficiency in the postal service here...

Feb 15, 2012 at 11:01 AM Post #20 of 28
They're still not here...I went to the central post office here, and they weren't able to help me since the tracking number only functions in Singapore according to lendmeurears. Yarp.

Feb 16, 2012 at 4:47 AM Post #21 of 28

Quote:
They're still not here...I went to the central post office here, and they weren't able to help me since the tracking number only functions in Singapore according to lendmeurears. Yarp.

The latest on my debacle: I went to the post office in my district and they informed me that if it was shipped from Singapore by airmail, it will take about 3 weeks to reach me. However, if it was shipped from Singapore by boat, it will take about 3 months. Such is life in a developing country. I feel better knowing this even though it is inconvenient. The woman at the post office was really sweet - she took down my information and told me she would text me when my package arrives at her branch. I need to find out if it's by air or by sea...

Feb 16, 2012 at 5:46 AM Post #22 of 28
^^ This is why I posted that people should ONLY send international packages via EMS (which has tracking). 
smile.gif

Feb 16, 2012 at 6:28 AM Post #23 of 28

Quote:
^^ This is why I posted that people should ONLY send international packages via EMS (which has tracking). 
smile.gif

Agreed - I think I've learned my lesson. Lendmeurears' ebay site doesn't offer EMS shipping as an option, at least for residents of Vietnam. Maybe I could have sent them a message prior to purchase and asked for this for an additional fee, but this is one of those things expats often learn the hard way....3 weeks wouldn't be so bad, but 3 months, well, double yarp. Lendmeurears hasn't responded to my last couple of queries, but I've just sent them another one to try and find out of it's coming by, gulp, boat or not. Any expats out there in head-fi ought to practice due diligence before buying stuff online from abroad and find out how the customs department operates in your adopted country first. I've been salivating over these IEMs since I made the purchase, and this has definitely taken the wind out of my sails a bit...

Feb 16, 2012 at 7:42 AM Post #24 of 28
Well, it's the seller's fault if he accepted non-gift paypal and didn't ship registered...if you indeed didn't pay as gift, you can ask paypal for a refund...the seller will learn his lesson.

Feb 16, 2012 at 7:50 AM Post #25 of 28
Well, I'm inclined to wait and see how it's being shipped. Vietnam's customs policy/bureaucracy is the real reason for the excessive delay, so I can't really fault lendmeurears for that - I'm the one who didn't look into this factor in the first place. I'll only ask for a refund if they fail to arrive.

Feb 16, 2012 at 8:38 AM Post #26 of 28
Lendmeurears replied and it's coming via airmail. Big sigh of relief.

Feb 17, 2012 at 10:05 AM Post #27 of 28
Lo and behold, they arrived today. I got a text from the nice woman at the post office and picked them up. Shame on me for all of the hand wringing...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back