Interference in Little Dot MKIII
Feb 9, 2013 at 12:10 PM Post #16 of 23
it is coming from the router. When it is unplugged it there is no interference but no difference when the phone is unplugged. I hear the radio if that helps any also. Which port would be best? I only have firewire, usb, and mini displayport. So with adapters I can use HDMI though display port and thunderbolt using my firewire port. I dont know which are optical though. Also any suggestions on a reasonably priced DAC.

thanks

Feb 9, 2013 at 12:59 PM Post #17 of 23
Quote:
Can you elaborate on what you mean by the rest of the kit please.

Take the laptop as far away from the router and all the wireless devices as the ethernet cable allows. Then take the amp as far away from the laptop (and those wireless devices) as that cable allows. Does this make any difference?

Feb 9, 2013 at 1:06 PM Post #18 of 23
Quote:
If you do get an external DAC and connect it via Optical from your computer then all type of interference from the computer will be eliminated since Optical is a type of digital connection which does not carry with it forms of interference/noise. Very common in eliminating ground loops for example.

This could certainly help.

But I'm still not sure whether the interference is internal or external (ie like radio signals) due to the wireless phone and wifi router.

Indeed.

Feb 9, 2013 at 1:29 PM Post #19 of 23
Feb 9, 2013 at 1:54 PM Post #20 of 23
the audiojack is an optical output from what I have found out. I dont know any who has a DAC or anything like that. here is a link for my computer http://support.apple.com/kb/SP544

Feb 11, 2013 at 12:44 PM Post #22 of 23
Sorry none yet I have been busy with work. I may not go any farther with this as I just got orders to deploy so I'm not going to be around this and I may end up selling it before I leave. Thanks for all the help though

Sep 25, 2013 at 3:09 PM Post #23 of 23
I have also a Little Dot MKIII and have the same problem: a crisp noise between songs. These are the parts:
1. Little Dot MKIII
2. Fiio 10 as a DAC
3. QED cables to connect them
4. Imac and ALAC archives

How could I fix it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back