Interesting machine from Luxury n Precision
Jan 16, 2021 at 3:57 PM Post #1,006 of 3,978
I really agree with both that this is the best sound, compact and light unlike pretty much anything out there.
To me headphone mode is more natutal to use both with iems, Clairvoyance and Dorado20 at the moment and also with Beyer T5 3d, Denon 9200 and Ultasone edition 15

Jan 16, 2021 at 6:29 PM Post #1,009 of 3,978
Interesting choices, do you use P6 with 800s ? If so, how is it
I've been using my HD800 on LP6, the phones have Dekoni hybrid pads and they sound very nicely driven by the dap. I use them on the LPGT-Ti as well playing all DSD512 tracks very sweet indeed. When the anniversary edition shows up then I'll have an easy way to compare the stock pads against the ones I'm using but I suspect I'll find them all just exquisite.

Last edited:
Jan 16, 2021 at 8:39 PM Post #1,010 of 3,978
I think I like the headphone amp option better, a little warmer with more texture

definitely the best DAP I’ve tried to date though, and more than that, the best source I’ve had for my IEMs, desktop or portable

Have you tried using it yet in BT Rx mode as a wireless dac/amp? Love that feature and with android phone/LDAC codec it sounds nearly the same streaming audio wireless as you would playing directly from P6 Pro.

Jan 16, 2021 at 8:47 PM Post #1,011 of 3,978
Have you tried using it yet in BT Rx mode as a wireless dac/amp? Love that feature and with android phone/LDAC codec it sounds nearly the same streaming audio wireless as you would playing directly from P6 Pro.

Shish thats solid claims 🙃 in my book usb dac sounded better then Ldac even vs 1z it self back in the time

Jan 16, 2021 at 10:59 PM Post #1,012 of 3,978
Shish thats solid claims 🙃 in my book usb dac sounded better then Ldac even vs 1z it self back in the time
We all hear things differently :). But I agree with you though as I have yet to found anything Bluetooth to sound good, even on DMP Z1 and LDAC LOL, but then I found out that not all LDAC from all devices is the same. For example, Xperia 1 II may have better LDAC than a Note 10 when transporting to a receiver like WM1Z or DMP Z1. It is a confusing world man, some phones are able to stream LDAC better and closer to the Reebook standard, and some is down right shameful LOL!!!

Don’t quote me though, I tried LDAC from WM1Z to DMP Z1 as well but that didn’t serve any purposes, because 1Z couldn’t be on internet streaming, so I would be doing LDAC to my DMP Z1 which also have the same stored files, and so the LDAC didn’t stand the performances Vs the stored one, so I stopped doing the comparison and concluded above

My points is that while doing LDAC, both the transport and the Receivers have to be capable. You can not just have either one, because that won’t work. At this Moment, no one is interested enough to do measurements on Bluetooth quality on all devices, so you need to listen to it to found out for yourself :wink:

However, I take that with such player as P6-Pro, you would want to go all out on library and memory card for stored quality

Last edited:
Jan 18, 2021 at 6:35 PM Post #1,014 of 3,978
I've been reading this thread, and appreciate everyone's impressions! I'm looking to move up from my PAW 6000, and am looking at the P6 Pro and the LPGT or LPGT Ti.

From what I've read:

LPGT
  • Reference sound
  • Could be brighter, more polite bass
  • PEQ is a plus
  • Black background
  • Good soundstage
P6 Pro
  • Maybe more 'smooth' or 'natural' vs the Lotoo
  • Good bass impact, maybe treble is less present?
  • Black background
  • Good soundstage
I had the original Paw Gold, so part of me wants to try something new. I am listening to 100% IEMs these days, and a clean black background is important. I think both players would do well here.

I have a lot of 4.4mm cables, and not sure if the P6 Pro would have less volume adjustment room on something like my VE8. I could go to the 3.5mm for those sensitive IEMs, although not sure if I lose out on anything going that route.

Battery life would go to the P6 Pro I think. Weight too, but size to the LPGT. My use is around the house so not a big deal either way.

Reading mvvvRAZ's comments from this thread:
"Going back to the LPGT after a few days with the P6 Pro makes it feel quite dry and lacklustre in comparison, especially where texture is concerned."​
were very interesting.

My only experience with R2R was the original Gumby (if that is R2R), and when I changed to the Qutest I found that an all around upgrade. The P6 Pro certainly sounds romantic and engaging. I find the PAW 6000 competent, good, but missing some excitement factor and maybe a tad blunted or smoothed over in some ways. I want to be engaged with dynamics and still have clarity and detail. I found the A&K SP1000 too polite and it didn't engage me. Big soundstage is important as well. Twister's review of the P6 Pro talking about the speed of it resonated with me.

I think some folks in this thread may have some experience with both. It's going to be a tough decision, and I'm not the greatest and putting these thoughts into words. Both are great DAPs.

Appreciate any thoughts or feedback!

Edit in case it helps. Currently have the VE8, Luna and Rai Penta. Luna I'm probably most impressed with, love the speed of it.

Used to own the IER-M9 and Tia Trio, but wasn't a huge fan of either. Neither did anything wrong. IER-M9 I found kind of boring. Tia Trio was strange, loved it on first listen but liked it less and less as time went on. I can't pinpoint why, the sound didn't change. It was like on first listen, my brain said yes to bass, the treble, etc. but the more I listened the less I liked it as a cohesive package.

Last edited:
Jan 18, 2021 at 7:07 PM Post #1,015 of 3,978
I've been reading this thread, and appreciate everyone's impressions! I'm looking to move up from my PAW 6000, and am looking at the P6 Pro and the LPGT or LPGT Ti.

From what I've read:

LPGT
  • Reference sound
  • Could be brighter, more polite bass
  • PEQ is a plus
  • Black background
  • Good soundstage
P6 Pro
  • Maybe more 'smooth' or 'natural' vs the Lotoo
  • Good bass impact, maybe treble is less present?
  • Black background
  • Good soundstage
I had the original Paw Gold, so part of me wants to try something new. I am listening to 100% IEMs these days, and a clean black background is important. I think both players would do well here.

I have a lot of 4.4mm cables, and not sure if the P6 Pro would have less volume adjustment room on something like my VE8. I could go to the 3.5mm for those sensitive IEMs, although not sure if I lose out on anything going that route.

Battery life would go to the P6 Pro I think. Weight too, but size to the LPGT. My use is around the house so not a big deal either way.

Reading mvvvRAZ's comments from this thread:
"Going back to the LPGT after a few days with the P6 Pro makes it feel quite dry and lacklustre in comparison, especially where texture is concerned."​
were very interesting.

My only experience with R2R was the original Gumby (if that is R2R), and when I changed to the Qutest I found that an all around upgrade. The P6 Pro certainly sounds romantic and engaging. I find the PAW 6000 competent, good, but missing some excitement factor and maybe a tad blunted or smoothed over in some ways. I want to be engaged with dynamics and still have clarity and detail. I found the A&K SP1000 too polite and it didn't engage me.

I think some folks in this thread may have some experience with both. It's going to be a tough decision, and I'm not the greatest and putting these thoughts into words.

Appreciate any thoughts or feedback!
I struggled with the exact same choice a couple months ago. Coming from the P6K also. I still love that player the UI the bouncing bar equalizer while music plays great software size weight battery life. The other higher level players all cut run time down. My main reason was the sound on congested sections of songs the P6K was just not presenting everything. For me out of 10 test tracks I use on 2 of them I could clearly hear the difference with all the $3K players I tried, including the LPGT. I flipped back and forth between four choices and went for the P6. And happy I did. It solved the sound issue, I maintained the battery life I had grown accustomed to, and it had the best physical design of what was available. The UI was the compromise. I upgraded to the PRO now and that notched it up so now I think it is an even better choice. Hope my journey helps you decide. The M8 sounds awesome as well and if you do not care about battery life or dealing with Android it will save you some money, if I could have only one it would be the P6 PRO.

Jan 18, 2021 at 7:35 PM Post #1,016 of 3,978
My main reason was the sound on congested sections of songs the P6K was just not presenting everything.

Yes! My experience is the same. Glad to hear you felt the other DAPs you tried were an improvement there. The UI on the Lotoo is great.

The M8 sounds awesome as well and if you do not care about battery life or dealing with Android it will save you some money, if I could have only one it would be the P6 PRO.

Funny enough, I picked up an M6pro to use for streaming and discovering new music, with the plan that I'd have the P6k for when I want to do more focused listening. I found the M6pro to be more engaging than the P6k and am impressed with the sound. That said, Shanling uses a slower processor. Maybe not a huge deal today using their stock music app, but other apps were slow and I'm concerned on the longevity of it. The M8 was originally on the list, but I think Android has too many drawbacks for me.

Your post was really helpful, it was great to hear from a Paw 6000 owner, thank you!

Jan 18, 2021 at 7:46 PM Post #1,017 of 3,978
Yes! My experience is the same. Glad to hear you felt the other DAPs you tried were an improvement there. The UI on the Lotoo is great.

Funny enough, I picked up an M6pro to use for streaming and discovering new music, with the plan that I'd have the P6k for when I want to do more focused listening. I found the M6pro to be more engaging than the P6k and am impressed with the sound. That said, Shanling uses a slower processor. Maybe not a huge deal today using their stock music app, but other apps were slow and I'm concerned on the longevity of it. The M8 was originally on the list, but I think Android has too many drawbacks for me.

Your post was really helpful, it was great to hear from a Paw 6000 owner, thank you!
Wow we are similar. I bought the M8 with plans for streaming at home. Happy listening.

Jan 21, 2021 at 5:30 PM Post #1,019 of 3,978
Guys good news Tiger Ears is next for auditioning P6 Pro!

Next week will have it YEAAAA

Jan 22, 2021 at 10:08 AM Post #1,020 of 3,978
Guys good news Tiger Ears is next for auditioning P6 Pro!

Next week will have it YEAAAA
Waiting for your review Tiger!
I enjoy every minute of it.

L1002000.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back