Interesting machine from Luxury n Precision
Dec 24, 2020 at 8:57 PM Post #826 of 3,978
Have any extra SD card you can test to verify it isn't the player? Any of query options will never work without completing the media update.
Thank you as well, really kind. Merry Christmas.

Dec 25, 2020 at 12:08 PM Post #827 of 3,978
Thank you as well, really kind. Merry Christmas.
Okay all resolved smaller card, test worked. May have a bad card, it gave me issues trying to erase it on my Mac to start over. Not the player thankfully.

Dec 25, 2020 at 2:16 PM Post #829 of 3,978
Was the smaller card also a Kingston?
Could have been software system error not the card. On the Mac while I was copying files onto the Kingston SD Card another software launched and than many windows opened one for every file. I have seen this happen on windows years ago. I cleared that but maybe that corrupted the files and caused the P6 to get stuck. After two tries today on the Mac I was able to reformat and erase the problem card. At some point I will try it again. The smaller card is 32GB Sandisk working fine. On Mac X the disc utility can format to FAT32, you click Erase and than there is an option drop down for format type, you can also name the card at the same time. Never had to do that before, probably not news but maybe mentioning it will save someone from an un-needed download utility.

Dec 25, 2020 at 3:16 PM Post #831 of 3,978
I only ask because I have seen a lot of commentary about Kingston cards, negative commentary.

Also, many manufacturers warn to stay aways from Lexmark cards.

Dec 25, 2020 at 10:16 PM Post #832 of 3,978
Also, many manufacturers warn to stay aways from Lexmark cards.
Yes, I confirm that my P6 is not working with Lexar 512GB card. Changed to Sandisk Extreme Pro and it works seamlessly.

Dec 25, 2020 at 10:31 PM Post #833 of 3,978
Yes, I confirm that my P6 is not working with Lexar 512GB card. Changed to Sandisk Extreme Pro and it works seamlessly.

Actually, both FiiO and Lotoo made official statement, warning customers not to use Lexmark cards with their DAPs.

Dec 25, 2020 at 10:53 PM Post #835 of 3,978
Dec 26, 2020 at 2:48 PM Post #836 of 3,978
To all P6 owners:

We have finalized the exchange program with Luxury & Precision!

Customers who ordered a P6 from MusicTeck are eligible to exchange their P6 for the P6 Pro at a price of $589. The exterior of the P6 Pro from our exchange program looks exactly the same as the P6; however, the interior components and touchscreen are identical to the P6 Pro. Payment will be collected from 12/31 to 1/15 in the following year. The production cycle is around 1 month. Due to the complexity of production and long selection times, please do not send us your P6 immediately after payment. Once we receive the batch of P6 Pros from LP, will we then ask you to ship us your P6 in order to complete the exchange.

If you have any questions, feel free to send an email to info@musicteck.com.

Happy Holidays!

-Andrew

MusicTeck Stay updated on MusicTeck at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/MusicTeckStore https://www.musicteck.com/ info@musicteck.com
Dec 26, 2020 at 7:19 PM Post #837 of 3,978
Those of you who are lucky enough to have bought from Musictek, I envoy you. Those who bought from overseas, and have you deal with LP directly, I feel you pain. All and all, based on dealing with LP, I cannot in good conscious recommend anyone to buy such an expensive product knowing how painful it is if you need to del with LP customer service.

I had few major issues with my HM1000, I did not buy that directly from Hifiman, however upon proving my purchase, Hifiman was happy to help me with regarding doing the upgrade and servicing repair without needing to del with the shop I bought them from.

I just wanted to share my two cent, as I frankly expected better for a product that is not so cheap at all to purchase.

Dec 27, 2020 at 11:29 PM Post #839 of 3,978
quick question, I think I heard the Lp 6 last year at canjam at musicteck booth. How much more different or better is the lp 6 pro ?

Are we able to use it as a usb dac and bluetooth dac mod?

Am I right to think the wm1z is a thicker warmer sounding dap? From memory the lp 6 felt very old type of signature like from the 60s, I felt like it was playing music from a gramophone hehe it was very special but didnt felt modern enough to my preferences. How is the lp 6 pro as they say it has more dynamics and speed now.

Dec 27, 2020 at 11:40 PM Post #840 of 3,978
Has anyone had luck using a 1TB SD micro card with the P6 Pro?

Based on my testing still not FULLY supported. The system hangs about 2 minutes when skipping the tracks with the screen off. After about two minutes it resumes playing, so if you are fine with the occasional 2 minutes lock-up, go for it. I found the issue easily reproducible with 5K+ tracks at All-Music playing mode.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back