Interesting machine from Luxury n Precision
Dec 18, 2020 at 2:59 PM Post #811 of 3,991
I think it is something related to sw/fw, and they can probably fix it with screen off. I just found another "cool" behavior with screen off on P6 Pro, try it :wink: While music is playing and display is off, tap on a screen in a place where play/pause button is. When you turn the display on, it will pause. Or do the same with a skip button. It is MAGIC :D I think even when display is off, touch is being registered and once you turn it back on it executes the buffered command.
What ? Seriously ? You have that much time touching it ? LOL! Amazing of how you can go about to find something. I think I gotta try it with everything else out there to really tell if when the screen is off, it stays in “idles“ or totally “turned off”

Dec 18, 2020 at 4:11 PM Post #812 of 3,991
I think it is something related to sw/fw, and they can probably fix it with screen off. I just found another "cool" behavior with screen off on P6 Pro, try it :wink: While music is playing and display is off, tap on a screen in a place where play/pause button is. When you turn the display on, it will pause. Or do the same with a skip button. It is MAGIC :D I think even when display is off, touch is being registered and once you turn it back on it executes the buffered command.

Cool, I confirmed this behavior but just trying find the best use case for it..hmmm :thinking:
I really like the bass on this thing. Sort of mellow out bass response on P6 was one of my main concern but no more with Pro.
Very tight and articulate. Deep impacting..the way I like it with Odin. So far I cannot find any fault on this thing as far as sound is concerned.

Dec 18, 2020 at 5:43 PM Post #813 of 3,991
Cool, I confirmed this behavior but just trying find the best use case for it..hmmm :thinking:
I really like the bass on this thing. Sort of mellow out bass response on P6 was one of my main concern but no more with Pro.
Very tight and articulate. Deep impacting..the way I like it with Odin. So far I cannot find any fault on this thing as far as sound is concerned.

Don't know when you received P6 Pro, but keep in mind the sound will be changing until you get at least 100hrs on it, just a nature of discrete R-2R dac and burn in of caps. Either if you are believer or disbeliever in burn in, I had P6 with 200 hours and when got P6 Pro demo out of the box comparing side by side found Pro to be brighter until close to 100hrs.

It is easy to distinguish P6 vs P6 Pro in a blind test, Pro has a blacker background which makes details pop out of blackness with a faster transient response of note on/off. I went back and forth so many times already, driving myself and my wife nuts, and while tonality it similar, the fast clean edge of every note makes the sound tighter and a little faster, also resulting in a perception of the bass having a more articulate and slightly stronger mid-bass punch. Testing with Odin, sub-bass rumble is very similar, goes deep and quite pronounced, but in P6 the decay of bass in Odin is slower, making the bass a little more relaxed, or as you say "mellow". In Pro the decay of bass notes with Odin is shorter, giving the bass (mid-bass) more punch and cleaner edges.

Dec 18, 2020 at 6:30 PM Post #814 of 3,991
Don't know when you received P6 Pro, but keep in mind the sound will be changing until you get at least 100hrs on it, just a nature of discrete R-2R dac and burn in of caps. Either if you are believer or disbeliever in burn in, I had P6 with 200 hours and when got P6 Pro demo out of the box comparing side by side found Pro to be brighter until close to 100hrs.

It is easy to distinguish P6 vs P6 Pro in a blind test, Pro has a blacker background which makes details pop out of blackness with a faster transient response of note on/off. I went back and forth so many times already, driving myself and my wife nuts, and while tonality it similar, the fast clean edge of every note makes the sound tighter and a little faster, also resulting in a perception of the bass having a more articulate and slightly stronger mid-bass punch. Testing with Odin, sub-bass rumble is very similar, goes deep and quite pronounced, but in P6 the decay of bass in Odin is slower, making the bass a little more relaxed, or as you say "mellow". In Pro the decay of bass notes with Odin is shorter, giving the bass (mid-bass) more punch and cleaner edges.

I completely agree with everything you said about Pro in relation to P6. On that note I really look forward to positive transformation resulting from further burn in as I just got the Pro this morning.

Dec 20, 2020 at 11:23 PM Post #815 of 3,991
Since I have LP6 Gold (LP6G) on loan now, I figured it will be a good idea to update my original P6 review with comparison to LP6G, now added when you scroll down to Comparison section of the review. Will also start working on P6 Pro review soon, focusing mostly on differences between P6 and P6 Pro.

LP-P6-40_vs_LP6.jpg

Dec 22, 2020 at 2:55 AM Post #817 of 3,991
Thanks for your quick feedback. It's great that you can now fast forward on the screen. That was one of my concern when you last mentioned it. I suppose you can also fast forward the track by press/hold on skip button even with the screen's off. That would be awesome. I really hope Pro can readily support 1TB with no issue but then I would still order it. Your quick sound impression seems quite promising. Yes, I will be exclusively using my Odin with it and have feeling I will enjoy it. :)
u may wish to reformat your card using the built-in function in p6/p6pro...some early birds also reported similiar issue, and were advised to reformat their tf cards using the machine instead of pc...hope this can help..

Dec 22, 2020 at 3:40 PM Post #818 of 3,991
u may wish to reformat your card using the built-in function in p6/p6pro...some early birds also reported similiar issue, and were advised to reformat their tf cards using the machine instead of pc...hope this can help..

It's the same routine again. I had my 1TB card formatted under P6 but I did reformat using Pro again today. This always happens when you skip with the screen's off
mostly when you play "All-Music" mode. The device will stuck with no screen about 2 minutes but comes back with a "file error" in triangular warning logo. This issue is
somewhat less reproducible when you have smaller number of files. Having more than 5K files the device is not able to search the file fast enough taking more than 2 minutes
to respond. In any event, 1TB is not usable under this condition. Nevertheless, I really like the sound on this thing. Best I've ever heard in DAP. I don't anticipate anything better than Pro atm.

Dec 22, 2020 at 3:46 PM Post #819 of 3,991
while we are looking forward to reading alexs next review, L&P just releases some info of their next toy...

IMG_20201222_145715.jpg
Looks like Lotoo S1

Dec 24, 2020 at 6:56 PM Post #820 of 3,991
Received my P6 Pro today. Out of the box sounds great, starting long burn in. I am running into a problem with the SD Card the player will not update the library. When I look at the TF Card I see everything and can play from there. Unfortunately choosing the Artist Album or All Music shows no files as an error message. Firmware preloaded is 1.02 and I cannot find an update on the companies website. There may be a few of you out there that can help me I hope. My card is 512 and only about a half full, files are all ALAC.

Dec 24, 2020 at 7:23 PM Post #821 of 3,991
Received my P6 Pro today. Out of the box sounds great, starting long burn in. I am running into a problem with the SD Card the player will not update the library. When I look at the TF Card I see everything and can play from there. Unfortunately choosing the Artist Album or All Music shows no files as an error message. Firmware preloaded is 1.02 and I cannot find an update on the companies website. There may be a few of you out there that can help me I hope. My card is 512 and only about a half full, files are all ALAC.

Which 512GB SD card are you using? BTW I am using Samsung 512GB SD card with no issue whatsoever. I suppose you already ran "Update media library" as soon as you inserted the card as you can only query artist, album and all music after completing the media library update. If that fails, you could try reformatting the card using the player. FW 1.0.0.2 is the latest.

Last edited:
Dec 24, 2020 at 7:36 PM Post #822 of 3,991
Which 512GB SD card are you using? BTW I am using Samsung 512GB SD card with no issue whatsoever. I suppose you already ran "Update media library" as soon as you inserted the card as you can only query artist, album and all music after completing the media library update. If that fails, you could try reformatting the card using the player. FW 1.0.0.2 is the latest.
That is what I did reformatted on the player than moved files on. Tried twice so far both times media library update failed. Kingston 512GB micro SDXC card.

Dec 24, 2020 at 8:02 PM Post #824 of 3,991
That is what I did reformatted on the player than moved files on. Tried twice so far both times media library update failed. Kingston 512GB micro SDXC card.

Can you copy a handful of songs to internal memory and update media lib without flash card, does that work?

Dec 24, 2020 at 8:56 PM Post #825 of 3,991
Can you copy a handful of songs to internal memory and update media lib without flash card, does that work?
Thank you so much for the suggestion. Merry Christmas. Giving up for now Andrew from MusicTeck USA also has suggestions. He and you are really appreciated. Growing tired of this right now going to try again tomorrow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back