Interesting machine from Luxury n Precision
Dec 9, 2020 at 7:10 AM Post #766 of 3,988
IMG_20201209_200939.jpg

old 701

Dec 9, 2020 at 9:44 AM Post #767 of 3,988
Thank you! As I suspected, the LP6 slides that @twister6 linked above were from LP6Ti which uses 4 DAC instead of only 2 as in the Gold and Platinum LP6.
Now we just need confirmations
Because as I read, the DAC is single channel, and only 1 per channel for 4 active signals would mean the regular Gold and Platinum is really a Single ended DAC source. The output stage could be Balanced amplifications.
So, if confirmed, the LP6Ti with 4 DAC is the only true Balanced DAC source, and the Amp stage could be a true Balanced amplifications also. There are a big different.

Yeah, you are right, it is confusing. Wish there would be a table comparing all LP6 models, showing their differences. Typically, most of the manufacturers use a different chassis material while leaving core design intact. Here, it was a bold move to have a noticeable design change going from Gold to Ti where you literally have a different PWB with 2 vs 4 DACs, a different design/layout beyond just a chassis material. That also explains a difference in pricing.

Vince, are you planning to buy one or just curious?

Dec 9, 2020 at 8:11 PM Post #769 of 3,988
in terms of structure, the Gold n Platinum are the same...differences are the look and the FW...The Platinum was originally made for the japanese mkt, it was tuned to give more japanese favour (best represented by old stax headphones which produced detailed but not punchy bass)..the gold was tuned similarily as the ti...but then with 2 less dacs, its sound is less details n not as dynamic...but still vy enjoyable.
i hv put the new p6pro n w2 on my xmas wish list...

Dec 9, 2020 at 8:26 PM Post #770 of 3,988
in terms of structure, the Gold n Platinum are the same...differences are the look and the FW...The Platinum was originally made for the japanese mkt, it was tuned to give more japanese favour (best represented by old stax headphones which produced detailed but not punchy bass)..the gold was tuned similarily as the ti...but then with 2 less dacs, its sound is less details n not as dynamic...but still vy enjoyable.
i hv put the new p6pro n w2 on my xmas wish list...
I will be interested to see what P6Pro will bring. Could you share more info whenever possible ? With how slow LP is responding to email and so on, I am reluctant on how the customer service and after sale would be

Dec 9, 2020 at 8:51 PM Post #771 of 3,988
p6/p6pro are r2r based machine...no dac...twister6 has done a review on p6..vy enjoyable to read.

p6pro is based on p6, with touch screen, which, according to early reviews, is silky smooth.. the resistors are each matched n picked..pushing the performance to another level (this also from early reviews。 Becoz of this covid situation, i didnt hv any chance to meet LnP ppl these days, hence, not among the early testers this time)..

Dec 9, 2020 at 8:56 PM Post #772 of 3,988
IMG_20201210_095238.jpg

as many had commented that the golden wheel was too eye catching.. the final product will hv a darkened wheel..everything else the same...FW also further refined...will post third party measurements on output, dynamic range n noise, etc., when they are available.

Dec 10, 2020 at 1:27 AM Post #775 of 3,988
Yeah, I heard that P6Pro has 2 of the Ladder boards instead of 1 ?

No, they said the performance of P6 Pro is equivalent to 2x P6 due to 3dB gain in dynamic range which makes it equivalent to 16 PCM1704k chips in parallel, while the original claim about P6 performance was equivalent of 8 PCM1704k. Don't think there is any room to add more.

Also, for LP6 vs LP6 Ti, besides 2 vs 4 R-2R DACs, Ti also has higher output power, 560mW @32ohm (4.4mm) vs 800mW @32ohm (4.4mm)

Dec 10, 2020 at 3:55 AM Post #776 of 3,988
LuxuryPrecision-P6PRO_002.jpg

LuxuryPrecision-P6PRO_000.jpg

LuxuryPrecision-P6PRO_003.jpg

Man... would love to own the P6 Pro since it's such a beauty. (That FitEar Titan looks pretty nice with it too lol)

But US$3,899.00 is quite a hard pill to swallow.

Dec 10, 2020 at 4:51 AM Post #777 of 3,988
No, they said the performance of P6 Pro is equivalent to 2x P6 due to 3dB gain in dynamic range which makes it equivalent to 16 PCM1704k chips in parallel, while the original claim about P6 performance was equivalent of 8 PCM1704k. Don't think there is any room to add more.

Also, for LP6 vs LP6 Ti, besides 2 vs 4 R-2R DACs, Ti also has higher output power, 560mW @32ohm (4.4mm) vs 800mW @32ohm (4.4mm)
I wonder what brought better dynamic range!! Thanks for the info
LuxuryPrecision-P6PRO_002.jpg

LuxuryPrecision-P6PRO_000.jpg

LuxuryPrecision-P6PRO_003.jpg

Man... would love to own the P6 Pro since it's such a beauty. (That FitEar Titan looks pretty nice with it too lol)

But US$3,899.00 is quite a hard pill to swallow.
Yes it is

Dec 10, 2020 at 8:25 AM Post #779 of 3,988
My guess on P6PRO is L&P did two changes to the circuits; 1 increased the quality control on resistor choice and lowered the acceptable tolerance threshold, 2 reworked the amplification output circuit to boost the power.

Dec 10, 2020 at 9:31 AM Post #780 of 3,988
My guess on P6PRO is L&P did two changes to the circuits; 1 increased the quality control on resistor choice and lowered the acceptable tolerance threshold, 2 reworked the amplification output circuit to boost the power.
Film resistors can only go so far in tolerances. Even if evenly matched in the tightest tolerances with hand picks, the precision tolerances would still not be changed. Given that the FPGA is needed to aids in the conversions, I think it is either a new firmware, or some revamping of the ladder boards, including different supporting elements, or revamped FPGA power supply rails ? But it is all just speculation and guessing :/. Some how there is still not much info about them

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back