interesting discovery on AD2000 regarding fit issues
Nov 20, 2008 at 5:28 AM Post #16 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by TDRKZ /img/forum/go_quote.gif
O man this is crazy. I'm going to do the same with my AD700. I need to mush them together slightly. Lets see if something so illogical actually works.

Doesn't the ad700 already have a soft grip on your head? It looks like it uses the same band as the a900 which was actually not gripping much at all

Nov 20, 2008 at 5:46 AM Post #17 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by donunus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
evil buggers... now I want to hear what I missed with the ad2k with the stretched headband
biggrin.gif

You mean the AD2K stretched headband mod! We're taking orders now, only $275 for the Basic knee/pillow palms down mod. For the AD2K Maxx stretched headband mod with ice cooling (your choice, cubes or crushed), we can get those to your door for $425 plus return shipping.

Check our website for other related services like the warmth restoration procedure we perform for an additional $50 for either the Basic or Maxx mods. This involves a reintroduction of special environmentally controlled heat units until the metal band is fully restored to it original, stable temp, which in most cases approximates the room temp of your listening room.

I hope you'll agree with us at SantaMods.com that your AD2Ks will sound better than ever. Call one of my helpers today for a free price quote for any of your AD2K headband bending needs, and we'll get back to you as soon as we can.

Nov 20, 2008 at 5:56 AM Post #18 of 31
^ haha! good one Wayne!

We also provide a custom space-age cups for warmth restoration and to provide better imaging depth. Limited to 500 pieces, and special intorductory price of 280$ + shipping

here's our prototype photo:

1209151528-81284_full.jpg

Nov 20, 2008 at 6:48 AM Post #20 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by donunus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I was just too afraid to do more stretching than I already did to get to the awesome mids everyone keeps describing.

Check Wmcmanus post, for the taken risk of breaking the headband his prices are very reasonable.
atsmile.gif

Nov 20, 2008 at 6:48 AM Post #21 of 31
hehehe I believe it will take more than headband stretching to make the ad2ks what I want though hehehe more like a priceless act of God!

Nov 20, 2008 at 6:56 AM Post #22 of 31
I must say I'm perplexed at some of these comments regarding the AD2K's fit

mine just barely floated on my head (which, mind you, is obscenely large) right out of the box!

Nov 20, 2008 at 7:07 AM Post #24 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rednamalas1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
^ Mine's the biggest.

Mine weighs 87 pounds.

Reminds me of one of my brothers' throw away line: "I'm wanting to lose 30 ugly pounds, but I'm not willing to chop off my head."

Nov 20, 2008 at 7:09 AM Post #25 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wmcmanus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rednamalas1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
^ Mine's the biggest.

Mine weighs 87 pounds.

Reminds me of one of my brothers' throw away line: "I'm wanting to lose 30 ugly pounds, but I'm not willing to chop off my head."

That is the sickest thing I've heard in a good while...

Nov 20, 2008 at 8:35 AM Post #27 of 31
What's the best way of getting them shrunk back down? I just got a used pair, and prefer the sound when I press them into my ears. Coming from HD580s, the D2000s feel like they are just hanging off the top of my head and only happen to be pointing at my ears.

Nov 20, 2008 at 9:14 AM Post #29 of 31
Zoiks! I'm in the wrong thread! Yeah, I was reading thru thinking this thread was about the Denons. I shall leave. Note to self: no head-fi after 1am.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back