Interest Thread LA meet 2013 2 Day meet . "International Headphone Extravaganza" First Annual
Feb 19, 2013 at 3:13 AM Post #152 of 191
I'm in, if there is still space.

Feb 22, 2013 at 2:32 PM Post #154 of 191
So I decided I won't purchase another set of headphones till I try others out to see if I discover my preferred sound signature, and I can't wait until 2014 to find out. Can't someone start organizing a mini meet in a public library, or anywhere else?

Feb 23, 2013 at 5:35 AM Post #155 of 191
Quote:
So I decided I won't purchase another set of headphones till I try others out to see if I discover my preferred sound signature, and I can't wait until 2014 to find out. Can't someone start organizing a mini meet in a public library, or anywhere else?

Feel free to plan one yourself. It's not that hard. I would do it, but I don't live in LA.

That's the thing. Everyone wants to go to one, but no one wants to organize it. When people wanted one in San Diego, everyone said they wanted to come, but no one would plan it. Nothing happened for many months. So even though I had never planned one or even been to a meet before, I knew that the only way it was going to happen was to plan it myself.

Just find a place, set a date and post a thread here. The rest is pretty easy. Find some sponsors to pay for food or the space and you're good to go. I can help organize even if I can't go, but someone is going to have to step up and find a place. That does take quite a few phone calls. If you're looking for free space, that's pretty hard. Even libraries and churches charge some money. Get creative and work out a deal with a hifi store that sells headphones.

Anyway, if you want it bad enough, then you will have to step up and do it yourself.

Feb 23, 2013 at 6:01 AM Post #156 of 191
I could setup two possible mini-meets. One being in Aliso Viejo (S. OC) for sure. That one would be in a church building though. It would be in an area without religious overtones at all, more like an indoor basketball court. It would be free. There is/are plenty of space/chairs/tables and even has a small stage. But it would have to be without vendors. I know this wouldn't be ideal for some as there wouldn't be any vendors and some people would naturally shy away from entering any kind of church; However, I could assure you it would be a very neutral environment and extremely flexible with time/date.

Second possibility is California State University Fullerton. This becomes a little more tricky as I would have to fill out paperwork and get permissions for a room, etc. Vendors would be allowed, and the setting is very everyone neutral. One downside is there might be cost involved, I'd have to look into it. Additionally, time/date/space would be limited. This one i'll have to do a little more homework on...*rimshot*.

Again, this would have to be mini-meets. I don't mind the responsibility of organizing the event, but I'd prefer a size that is controllable and within reason.

Feb 23, 2013 at 7:59 AM Post #157 of 191
Ooooooh... A meet in Cal-State Fullerton is one I'm definitely interested in. Although, if Aliso Viego is in Southern OC, I have no problem with that, too. 

Either way, I'm definitely interested! 

Feb 24, 2013 at 2:00 AM Post #159 of 191

First how did you get that name, your account isn't even a year old.

Second BIG ANNOUNCMENT

We haven't abandoned 2013 just yet, and we're following some interesting leads for how to make it happen this year. We can't say anything more as we still have a ton of things to nail down and confirm, but we'll try to post details as soon as possible.

Feb 24, 2013 at 2:49 AM Post #160 of 191
Quote:

Second BIG ANNOUNCMENT

We haven't abandoned 2013 just yet, and we're following some interesting leads for how to make it happen this year. We can't say anything more as we still have a ton of things to nail down and confirm, but we'll try to post details as soon as possible.

Surprisingly it wasn't taken I guess everyone just assumed it was being used, lucky me.

Feb 24, 2013 at 1:34 PM Post #161 of 191
Quote:

Second BIG ANNOUNCMENT

gs1000.gif
  hope hope

Feb 27, 2013 at 10:07 PM Post #163 of 191
Put me down for the meet, as long as it is after April and admission fees are under $150...
Also, does anyone know if it would be possible to do another meet at the Villiage recording studio? Or anywhere in West LA?

Feb 28, 2013 at 7:51 AM Post #165 of 191
Put me down for the meet, as long as it is after April and admission fees are under $150...
Also, does anyone know if it would be possible to do another meet at the Villiage recording studio? Or anywhere in West LA?

Fee admissions being over 150 is outrageous.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back