Interest check: Las Vegas meet
Oct 17, 2009 at 11:44 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 31

Floodge

New Head-Fier
Interest check for a Las Vegas meet; time would be arranged among those interested. As Las Vegas has few local hi-fi retailers, I think a meet is most needed among Head-fi members!

Oct 20, 2009 at 8:21 AM Post #2 of 31
I'm a vegas Head-fi member.. Not been here long, but enjoying my stay already. doesn't look like vegas has had many meets

Oct 22, 2009 at 9:35 AM Post #5 of 31
We have three Las Vegas members now?
eek.gif

I'd be interested.

Nov 7, 2009 at 10:57 PM Post #6 of 31
Still one of the cheapest flights from Portland. Maybe I could drop down with a couple of Portland or Seattle members in tow. Not to mention, Vegas is one of the best venues for weather this time of year. Winter in areas east of the Rockies can but a damper on travel.

Nov 24, 2009 at 12:32 AM Post #7 of 31
I have a meeting place in mind - thinking of holding the meet there when CES takes place. Should give the thread a while to generate interest and plan for when our small group can make it
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 24, 2009 at 4:33 AM Post #8 of 31
I'm in Vegas. And I agree with the above poster. We need a meet as there is no where to try hifi stuff. I've been to guitar center and tried the HD 280s n that is about as good as they have at my local shop lol

I'd love to at least meet up with some Vegas goers and hear some cans or iems. If anyone here has some Grado's as I'd love to try those and hear there sound sig before maybe buying some. I dont have much to offer to a meet tho other than my weak setup the PK2 n Im616 or my big cans but they are nothing special.

We really only have 3 people here from Vegas TOTAL. Weak. Lol

Dec 10, 2009 at 9:37 PM Post #11 of 31
I'm new here, in fact this is my 1st post on these forums! I live in Las Vegas and would be interested in coming to a meet. Since I'm just getting into this hobby, I would have nothing to share with others as far as equipment goes, but I would certainly share my enthusiasm! I've been absorbing many threads of info here and really wish to start auditioning cans and amps, so count me in as interested.

Jan 4, 2010 at 4:46 AM Post #12 of 31
I'm also in Las Vegas and interested in a meet. However I too am fairly new and just ordered some Grado SR80i's. So xguntherc you would be welcome to try them. I, too, have not been able to find a place to try out hifi stuff. I looked it up online and tried to call some audio/stereo stores but most of them weren't there to answer calls on the weekend. Nobody knows of any place in vegas that has headphones to audition? (other than best buy/guitar center)

Jan 4, 2010 at 5:02 AM Post #13 of 31
Greetings Sin City Head Fi'ers,

Thought I was in lonelyville here in the Las Vegas Valley. Glad a few others are resident.

Would be wiling to talk about organizing a meet. Never been to a Head Fi meet. Would bring my Vincent Audio KHV-1pre and Sennheiser HD-650's.

Apr 7, 2010 at 8:04 AM Post #14 of 31
I live in Vegas. I think the Head-fi Vegas count is up to 6 now...I think...lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back