Interest Check for Central TX meet
Jun 24, 2009 at 7:09 PM Post #61 of 82
Nope - we just need a spot, and a day. Marc may need an assist in finding a location, which would need to be someone down there, but, looks like this weekend is too late. Does July 11 work for everyone?

One advantage is having several new amps online for that... right, Alex & Marc (and me)?

Jan 13, 2010 at 8:09 PM Post #64 of 82
Thread necromancy!
Round Rock, here. I'm assuming this never happened - is everyone defaulting to the DFW meet instead?

Jan 13, 2010 at 10:24 PM Post #65 of 82
Yes, or Houston, which we did in October.

Feb 12, 2010 at 11:55 AM Post #67 of 82
I'm new and interested. Just have the setup in my signature to bring.

Apr 6, 2010 at 4:29 PM Post #68 of 82
I live in Oklahoma but im interested. I dont think people listen to music here in Oklahoma so I guess Texas is the next best thing. lol

Apr 9, 2010 at 1:31 PM Post #70 of 82
Wow. This was unexpected.
smile.gif

I may, see about getting something going in May or June.

When I started this thread it looked like there was some interest but a place in the Austin area never got ironed out.

I was kind of saving my 1000th post for something profound but....meh, it's just a number lol
beyersmile.png

Apr 15, 2010 at 4:25 PM Post #72 of 82
DFW meets are usually January and July, Houston is in October, and Central Texas is, well, overdue. During SXSW or ACL would be a complete trip, especially if hooked up downtown.

Apr 24, 2010 at 4:39 AM Post #74 of 82
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheRookie52 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I live in Oklahoma but im interested. I dont think people listen to music here in Oklahoma so I guess Texas is the next best thing. lol

Quote:

Originally Posted by dukja /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am another one in OK and wonder if it ever has its own meet. Austin is kind of too far. DFW would be great! I have never been had the luxury to be in a meet.

Sacrebleu! Oklahoma, OK! I'd also be down for DFW. And I agree that Austin is a bit too far. Plus it's weird
tongue_smile.gif

May 2, 2010 at 5:41 AM Post #75 of 82
Wait.. where did all these okies come from all of the sudden!?!

I too am in OKC and make the trip to DFW in January, but having a smaller meet here in the city would be great also.

By the way, Al, is a meet for DFW scheduled for this July? I had not heard of DFW having 2 meets a year, though the last 2 years after the January meet I've been thoroughly satisfied with my gear that I take long breaks from this forum after meets to enjoy my gear and music.

Dukja: I'd love to listen to your DT880s since I've never heard them before. JW: I also haven't heard the AD700 or M50s you have listed in your profile. Beyers and lower end AT phones don't have much of a presence at DFW meets where the norm is Sennheiser, Stax, and Denon.

Maybe we can set something up and see if there is more interest.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back