Interest Check for Central TX meet
May 10, 2009 at 3:25 AM Post #3 of 82
Quote:

Originally Posted by eightbitpotion /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Do it.

OK, that's one!! Let's hear from some more
icon10.gif

May 12, 2009 at 6:13 PM Post #5 of 82
Big interest, to coincide with the hd800 release, and some new stat amps.

There are at least 2 hd800 incoming, and we have a volunteer site just south of Roundrock. Fairly centrally located for the Dallas, Houston and Corpus / S Texas contingents.

May 16, 2009 at 7:46 PM Post #8 of 82
Quote:

Originally Posted by driftingbunnies /img/forum/go_quote.gif
We must do it soooon...i'm leaving at the end of may. Won't be back until almost mid july.

Well I haven't seen any tentative dates, and given that the HD800's are still MIA, I think it's pretty reasonable to expect that we'll wait for them before nailing anything down. What do you think Al?

May 18, 2009 at 2:54 PM Post #9 of 82
Finally something closer than Houston or Dallas! Count on this border bandit.

I personally say wait untill HD800. They will draw a crowd to be sure and many of us want to hear them so badly.
biggrin.gif

May 18, 2009 at 6:44 PM Post #10 of 82
Not only are we waiting on the stinking hd800, but Marc and I are (seperately) finishing the new stat amps, and I'd hope we can wrap up the Poor Man's Stat amp as well... maybe we can get Mr Cavalli to come out and listen to some of his designs.
icon10.gif

Haven't seen any feedback from the Houston contingent, BUT, I'll send a few email for preliminary discussion - Shelly seemed to be up for a meet.

We'd also like to do some DIY stuff as well, like (maybe) adding a tube output stage to a CD, or something like that.

Marc has a library available just south of Roundrock right on I-35, so, that is a central as it gets.

So, at some point that will happen (late June), but mini-meets happen all the time - and, what's not to like about 6th Street?
angry_face.gif

May 19, 2009 at 7:00 PM Post #12 of 82
Let me know what I can do to help. I found that the library a few doors down from my house usually charges for room rental. There are other libraries that don't.

I cannot see anything formal happening until June though.

May 22, 2009 at 3:33 AM Post #13 of 82
Quote:

Originally Posted by pabbi1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
and, what's not to like about 6th Street?
angry_face.gif

Don't even get me started.
tongue.gif

Kydsid.. I was beginning to wonder what happened to you. Glad you are still around
biggrin.gif

Fuzzy....How'd your Starving Student turn out? I've got all the stuff for one but I need to get the case ready and I've had a lot going on lately and haven't been able to work on it.
OK that's a lie....I've been able but I renewed my subscription to Age of Conan and well...sorry gotta go. One more quest before bed...just one more.....

May 22, 2009 at 2:24 PM Post #14 of 82
Quote:

Originally Posted by cswann1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Fuzzy....How'd your Starving Student turn out? I've got all the stuff for one but I need to get the case ready and I've had a lot going on lately and haven't been able to work on it.
OK that's a lie....I've been able but I renewed my subscription to Age of Conan and well...sorry gotta go. One more quest before bed...just one more.....

Working great! Sadly, my Grados are being repaired right now, so I have been using my KSC75s instead.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back