Interest Check for Central TX meet
Jun 9, 2009 at 9:43 PM Post #46 of 82
Hm 0 for 3 so far. Everything is taken that weekend. The downtown location (which would be super sweet, located on 9th street) is booked on Saturdays out to Jan 2010. The other locations I've tried are booked as well. There is one location that has a brand new building as of a week ago, and as a result doesn't have all of their reservations available and couldn't give me availability. There are a ton of libraries to choose from, but some of them are in locations that I don't really know how much I trust. So, things aren't looking good at the moment and if I don't hear back from that remaining branch, we can either pick another date, or pick some more locations to try.

Jun 10, 2009 at 2:23 AM Post #47 of 82
Jun 10, 2009 at 5:54 PM Post #48 of 82
There should be a mailing list for meets. Honestly there should be a designated place like twice a year for this.... texas is a big place, and I'm willing to travel pretty far to hear something out of this world.

Jun 10, 2009 at 9:29 PM Post #49 of 82
Sound Mind Audio has hosted a meet before, I bet Tube Dreams would consider it too. Antones wouldn't have the space or noise level for us. Maybe someone can call up those 2 dealers?

Jun 10, 2009 at 9:47 PM Post #51 of 82
Nope, the venue, ghost of Stevie Ray, and all. But, not optimal for our purposes, most likely.

Jun 14, 2009 at 1:15 AM Post #53 of 82
If you guys want I can reserve us a nice room for July 11th here in DFW (Plano) where we normally have the DFW meets. Just throwing it out there in case nothing else was found.

-Alex-

Jun 19, 2009 at 5:58 AM Post #55 of 82
Looks like this is not going to come together at least for this weekend for sure. Let hope for the 27th. My offer still stands for as long as that room is available for me to reserve.

Jun 19, 2009 at 8:07 PM Post #56 of 82
I won't be getting my HF2s until late July.
frown.gif

Jun 20, 2009 at 4:49 PM Post #57 of 82
Plano is a long drive for me.

That said, I do need to meet up with naamanf to deliver a turntable at some point, and Dallas is near the halfway point.

It would be awesome if it corresponded with a meet, and Naaman could make it! He has some killer gear as most of you know.

If this gets firmed up a bit I'll contact him about it.

Jun 21, 2009 at 1:56 PM Post #58 of 82
Quote:

Originally Posted by swt61 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It would be awesome if it corresponded with a meet, and Naaman could make it! He has some killer gear as most of you know.

Indeed, he does have some killer gear!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back