interest check: ChiUniFi 3 (November 7th 2009)
May 28, 2009 at 8:34 PM Post #31 of 61
Quote:

Originally Posted by braincuttermd /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Is there an admissions fee? What do you guys do at these meets? I've browsed through some of the threads and saw a few pictures of people listening to cans, do we have to bring equipment or can we come empty handed? I only have an Ipod Touch 1st Gen and a lowly little Grado SR60i.

I had a great time at my first meet last fall. Everyone is really nice, I got to hear a bunch of stuff I'd otherwise never get to hear (Eddie Current/Moth and AKG K1000 come to mind!) . I even fell in love ... with a Grado RS-1! I met Ray Samuels - what a nice guy! I met a bunch of great head-fier's whom I knew about only from reading their posts. I plan to be there again this fall and I can't wait!

I believe this year's meet was funded by sales of raffle tickets from last year, so no fee that I'm aware of. There were some nice prizes given out for several raffle ticket winners last year.

From what I saw, some people brought huge equipment, and others just a few portables. Obviously, the more stuff there, the better the meet. But I don't think there's any rule requiring a minimum to attend. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

So basically, we stand around and listen to each other's audio gear, lust after each other's audio gear, look at each other's audio gear, and talk about audio gear. Sounds pretty geeky and boring if you're not an audio person; to me, this is my idea of a GREAT time!

Jul 15, 2009 at 9:08 PM Post #35 of 61
I'm in! No matter what!

Jul 15, 2009 at 9:44 PM Post #36 of 61
update!!!

we are looking into locations now, there may be another location this year so we can run a test for canjam 10...

will update you as we go but once the room is booked i or someone on the crw will post the official CHI-UNI-FI 3 thread. i will pm everyone that replies in this thread..

ok i go now and update our myspace page

Jul 15, 2009 at 11:33 PM Post #37 of 61
Quote:

Originally Posted by bhd812 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
update!!!

we are looking into locations now, there may be another location this year so we can run a test for canjam 10...

will update you as we go but once the room is booked i or someone on the crw will post the official CHI-UNI-FI 3 thread. i will pm everyone that replies in this thread..

ok i go now and update our myspace page

We missed you Saturday Billy but glad you had Ryan bring your HF-2s.
biggrin.gif

Jul 16, 2009 at 4:59 PM Post #40 of 61
Quote:

Originally Posted by bhd812 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
yeah sorry, i never did that before..say im going and not show to a meet and not say anything..

guess i will have to host another meet sometime soon, hmm i need a cheap place

That's ok. Your HF2 represented you well!
icon10.gif

Aug 20, 2009 at 12:59 PM Post #45 of 61
I'd love to go and meet some new people. Location, Times?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back