interconnect recommendation
Dec 22, 2008 at 12:37 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 15

shartyA

New Head-Fier
Right now I'm using the stock interconnects that came with my equipment. What would be the best interconnects out of the kimber PBJ, Audioquest Copperhead or the van den hul name or D-300 Mk 3 hybrid? What are some other interconnects in the $100 range?

Dec 22, 2008 at 1:28 AM Post #4 of 15
I like Wireworld Audio for ICs. I think the Equinox 5 Squared are excellent for the price, so check them out.
Good Luck & Happy Holidays
atsmile.gif

Headphile808

Dec 22, 2008 at 1:37 AM Post #5 of 15
Zu oxyfuel cables, promotion on ebay. A buy it now is currently cheaper than the same cables are being bidded at. Buy it now $45. a pair just added and identical pairs are bid up over $50. I had two sets of them at one point - upgraded to the Zu Gede which goes for a tad over $100.

Dec 22, 2008 at 7:44 AM Post #7 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by compuryan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
In the $100 range I'd recommend the Signal Cable Silver Resolution.

x2

I have great experience with the Silver Resolution.
smile.gif

Dec 22, 2008 at 8:55 AM Post #8 of 15
I have Zu Gede, and I'm very happy with them. Good quality cables.

Dec 22, 2008 at 5:03 PM Post #9 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by nor_spoon /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have Zu Gede, and I'm very happy with them. Good quality cables.

Zu Gede, Signal Cable Silver Resolution, Grover Sc. All reasonably priced and high quality interconnects.

Dec 22, 2008 at 5:12 PM Post #10 of 15
x3 on the Zu Gede II. I have two sets and am very pleased. I have tried the Grover before and wasn't too impressed (YMMV) - extremely stiff, and I got a little annoyed with a new iteration of the cable coming out every 5 weeks.

Dec 22, 2008 at 5:31 PM Post #11 of 15
Audioquest cables start getting good at the Diamondback, and they start getting too expensive at the diamondback as well. The nicest thing about those cables is the method of affixing the plug to the cable -- revolutionary, and difficult for any small manufacturer to emulate.

Dec 22, 2008 at 5:43 PM Post #12 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by xenithon /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have tried the Grover before and wasn't too impressed (YMMV) - extremely stiff, and I got a little annoyed with a new iteration of the cable coming out every 5 weeks.

Grover Sc has better synergy with darker sounding system, works wonder with Stello, not so great with Chord MK1, it just gets too bright.
Zu Gede is warmer in comparison.

Dec 22, 2008 at 5:50 PM Post #13 of 15
THe best $100 RCA pair I tried was the Oyaide PA-02 TR, available on ebay. The Signal Cable top model (don't remember the name) is simply overrated. What it does is the higher the better. Light, thin bass, clear and smooth midrange, nice, detailed trebles and narrow soundstage. If you need that, go for that.

Dec 22, 2008 at 6:34 PM Post #14 of 15
Quote:

THe best $100 RCA pair I tried was the Oyaide PA-02 TR, available on ebay

Honest question here - aren't there many issues with fake Oyaide products? I'd be a little weary of purchasing something like Oyaide, especially from eBay, with rip-offs being particularly prevalent.

Searching quickly on their site I found a warning about these:

Please be aware that certain unscrupulous individuals have copied....offering these counterfeit products for sale on Ebay and other places.....are of very poor quality...attempted to replicate the look of our label and have applied to their counterfeit products....can only guarantee the quality of product if purchased from an authorized Oyaide dealer

Dec 22, 2008 at 7:01 PM Post #15 of 15
I heard about power plugs being fake, the cable I owned was 100% genuine, shipped from Japan. I examined the cable said to be from Mr Furukawa removing the plug covers to see what's underneath.

I'm second to confirm after my friend, that AudioQuest is not worth attention for lower models, and not worth the price in higher regions. He bought the Acrolink A6N-2400II and seems to be happy after trying several VdH's and AQ's however it's higher than the $100 price range.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back