interconnect cables
Jun 25, 2010 at 4:48 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 17

GuruTech

100+ Head-Fier
where i may get interconnect cables on internet? do you know any online store which sell interconnect cables of almost any size?

help would be highly appreciated.

Jun 25, 2010 at 5:04 AM Post #2 of 17
get someone to build you the cables. you will get more value in this way..

if you dont want the diy option google is your friend:)

http://www.moon-audio.com/

here is a good site to start with.

Jun 25, 2010 at 11:18 PM Post #6 of 17
The Cable Company is an on-line retailer of a lot of brands of "audiophile" cables.  They will let you demo IC's through their "lending library".  You basically give them a refundable deposit, they ship you the IC you want to demo, you get two weekends to decide whether it is worth the money, and if not, you send it back.  You only pay return shipping.  They refund the deposit. 

There are also some smaller cable companies that offer 30-day or 60-day trial periods (Audio Arts, Morrow, Gabriel Gold).  You buy the cable and if you don't like it you send it back before the trial period expires for a refund.

Of course, you could just buy everything from Blue Jeans Cable...probably the wise choice if your system isn't uber high-end and funds are limited.

And, if you want to go with IC's sold by the Cable Company that you have demo'd and like, do yourself a favor and try to find them used on Audiogon rather than paying full retail price.  In general, used IC's go for 25%-50% of the original retail price.

Jun 26, 2010 at 12:35 AM Post #8 of 17
check Monoprice for the best value.  BJC, of course, for amazing build quality sans the snake oil. 

Jun 26, 2010 at 1:54 AM Post #9 of 17
Quote:
check Monoprice for the best value.  BJC, of course, for amazing build quality sans the snake oil. 

+1

If you're purely a cable skeptic: Monoprice.

If you're open to the possibility of cable differences, whether real or placebo: BJC

If you want big, beefy, thick cables to impress the ladies (your mom, or sister): BJC

If you know beyond all reasonable doubt that cables make a huge difference, larger perhaps than the headphones themselves: http://www.stealthaudiocables.com/products/Sakra/sakra.html, and this for improved signal transfer. Apply twice daily.

Jun 26, 2010 at 6:43 AM Post #11 of 17
Try searching ebay with van damme, then ignore all the stuff about the actor and look under hifi/audio and look for van damme ICs made up with Neutrik/Rean phonos. In the UK you can get such for £10 to £20, they are what I have made and they will perform as well as any other cable. Their big advantage is the very flexible van damme cable which you could easily tie into a knot.

EDIT - I just did an ebay search for vampire cables and wow, seriously low prices.

Jun 26, 2010 at 7:44 PM Post #12 of 17
Moon-Audio has some good quality cables; I have a couple from them.
Whiplash audio... ALO Audio.... BlueJeans.... there are many others.

Of course if you want a good value for your money I would suggest getting someone here to make the cable for you. 

Jun 27, 2010 at 2:08 AM Post #13 of 17
Yeah, no kidding. I have been looking for some cheap RCAs that are decent in build quality. Vampire cables seems to fit the bill. I just ordered a 0.5m set of RCA for $3.95 with free shipping. That is just ridiculous. Beats my RadioShack craptastic 1m. 

Quote:
Try searching ebay with van damme, then ignore all the stuff about the actor and look under hifi/audio and look for van damme ICs made up with Neutrik/Rean phonos. In the UK you can get such for £10 to £20, they are what I have made and they will perform as well as any other cable. Their big advantage is the very flexible van damme cable which you could easily tie into a knot.

EDIT - I just did an ebay search for vampire cables and wow, seriously low prices.

Jun 27, 2010 at 12:21 PM Post #14 of 17

Users who are viewing this thread

Back