Intelligent dubstep thread
Feb 26, 2012 at 5:05 PM Post #32 of 47
Dafuq?  I had no idea this thread existed, there is an overall EDM thread and a "dubstep" thread but I like this.  

I dont know how many of you guys live in the US, but the dubstep scene has been completely ruined where Im from.  Brostep has taken over for the most part.  I have a few friends that like the deep vibes but not many.  Every tuesday night at the venue that hosts 90% of our events, there is a sub pressure night for free..local DJs spin real dubstep, and it is quite enjoyable.  

I would really love to travel over to europe and see some of my favorite producers, but that probably wont happen for a while.

Posted this in the EDM thread too but whatever..current song Im listening to, on repeat because its so good 
k701smile.gif

Other producers I listen to:

Phaeleh
Kryptic Minds
Burial
Truth
J:Kenzo
Icicle
Synkro 
DMZ
Goth-Trad
V.I.V.E.K
Kromestar

Many more..

Long live the sub bass

Nov 30, 2012 at 4:34 PM Post #34 of 47
Guys, I guess this thread needs to be reopened. I have just started listening to dub/electronica. I don't like most of it but a few I have been able to get into James Blake, Mount Kimbie, Shigeto, Flying Lotus and Eluvium. 

I am basically looking for something on those lines - ambient with a slight dub influence. I do not like to much of repetitve loud beats or trance or house. Any recommendations??

Also, by birth I am a metalhead.

BTW. This is the track which blew my mind and turned me in this direction...

Dec 5, 2012 at 3:01 PM Post #35 of 47
Well looks like Ive just found my favorite thread!
Loving a few of James Blake´s songs!

My favorite producer ATM is Phaeleh...closely followed by Blackmill

Check out the albums Fallen Light and The Cold In You by Phaeleh and both of Blackmill´s

Wish this guy had more tunes!

Please keep the great recommendations coming!

I know its not Dubstep but I immediatly thought of James Blake when I heard it and I think all you guys would appreciate this...The new XX album has more of an electronic vibe, check out "Try" loving this!

Dec 5, 2012 at 7:18 PM Post #36 of 47
Great stuff in here.

One of my favorites - Ben Verse:

Dec 5, 2012 at 7:44 PM Post #37 of 47
Quote:
Guys, I guess this thread needs to be reopened. I have just started listening to dub/electronica. I don't like most of it but a few I have been able to get into James Blake, Mount Kimbie, Shigeto, Flying Lotus and Eluvium. 

I am basically looking for something on those lines - ambient with a slight dub influence. I do not like to much of repetitve loud beats or trance or house. Any recommendations??

Also, by birth I am a metalhead.

BTW. This is the track which blew my mind and turned me in this direction...

That James Blake song reminds me so much of Burial. If you haven't already, check out his "Untrue" album. A haunting experience, and probably the best Dubstep album I've ever heard. It's an oldie, so I know most people are already aboard, but it's essential.

Dec 10, 2012 at 3:14 AM Post #38 of 47
Guys, I did some research and found a few nice Electronic/ Dub artists. Check em out, if you haven't already:

• Baths
  • Four Tet
  • Lapalux
  • Gold Panda
  • Teebs
  • Shlohmo
  • Mux Mool
  • Sepalcure
  • Flying Lotus
  • Mount Kimbie
  • Shigeto
  • Sbtrkt

With an album art this, I don't think one can make a mistake:

Dec 10, 2012 at 4:21 AM Post #39 of 47
really good syncopated stuff here. great grooves.

less dubstep more jazz *** MUST LISTEN TO THIS GUY  if you have a soul !!!! huge huge huge songs*** :

Dec 10, 2012 at 12:42 PM Post #40 of 47
Sleeper & District:

Youngsta & Seven:

Commodo:

Dec 10, 2012 at 12:59 PM Post #41 of 47
This is really tasty. 

Dec 11, 2012 at 1:50 AM Post #42 of 47
Quote:
Bay Area Dubstep (BAD) Vol I and II.

start from there, unbelieveble stuff

just listened to BAD vol II and HAD to bump this post. big thank you for recommendation, **** is unreal. really really loving the sound.

Dec 13, 2012 at 11:09 PM Post #44 of 47

http://www.hyperdub.net/releases/view/149/HDB059
^ Burial's Kindred EP is only 4$ in WAV
Also his new project comes out on Dec. 17, this is the 2-minute preview:
http://prettymuchamazing.com/music/stream/preview-new-burial-truant-rough-sleeperv

if you click on the homepage there's some videos of new James Blake songs performed live

Dec 18, 2012 at 5:56 PM Post #45 of 47
Quote:
Guys, I did some research and found a few nice Electronic/ Dub artists. Check em out, if you haven't already:

• Baths
  • Four Tet
  • Lapalux
  • Gold Panda
  • Teebs
  • Shlohmo
  • Mux Mool
  • Sepalcure
  • Flying Lotus
  • Mount Kimbie
  • Shigeto
  • Sbtrkt

Thanks soooo much for this...some great stuff here, would never had found it if you hadn´t posted it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back