Intellectual property giveaway on the discovery of terminal illness
Feb 28, 2014 at 2:14 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 25

wakibaki

1000+ Head-Fier
I discovered this morning that my cancer is terminal, I have 6+ months to get my affairs in order.

I have been giving away intellectual property for a few years. I have some remaining circuits and code I intend to put into the public domain, and I may be calling your attention to the virtues (or otherwise) of material already published.

Fred

Feb 28, 2014 at 2:28 PM Post #2 of 25
  I discovered this morning that my cancer is terminal, I have 6+ months to get my affairs in order.

I have been giving away intellectual property for a few years. I have some remaining circuits and code I intend to put into the public domain, and I may be calling your attention to the virtues (or otherwise) of material already published.

Fred

Sir,
   I am very sad to hear this. Thank you for everything you do for us... Rob

Feb 28, 2014 at 3:02 PM Post #3 of 25
Hi Fred 

Even though we don't always agree I am deeply saddened to hear this. It is interesting to see new things brought to the table. You will be very greatly missed :frowning2: 

Ari

Feb 28, 2014 at 3:17 PM Post #4 of 25

Fred, I am deeply saddened to hear this news. Your outcome

seemed so positive just a few months ago. You always bring
valuable insights with your post and projects. Our community
will be lessened without you.

I raise a glass to you, my friend!

James

Feb 28, 2014 at 4:01 PM Post #5 of 25
frown.gif

Prayers and best wishes to you and your family Fred.

Feb 28, 2014 at 5:04 PM Post #6 of 25
I will never know you, nor probably ever meet you.

Yet the urge to want to do something, say anything,
is as strong as when I lost my father so quickly to cancer. 

Some of us are left behind. Some of us leave before our time.
None of it feels right.

I’m crying now. 
For you? me? for what we all will lose.

I’ll see you on the flip-side.

Feb 28, 2014 at 6:56 PM Post #8 of 25
Hi Wakibaki

Deepest sympathy, really sorry to hear that, please take the time to make these next six months memorable for you and your family

very sad :frowning2:

Feb 28, 2014 at 8:05 PM Post #10 of 25

Fred

I can't say I ever knew you, but I find this post to be beautiful and I hope you take that as a compliment.

Sorry for your loss and my sympathies to your family and friends.

Feb 28, 2014 at 9:22 PM Post #11 of 25
Hi Fred,

I'm so sorry to hear about this.  But as long as you're still here, there is always hope.  So, don't give up just yet.

Your contribution will be cherished, and you'll be missed.  I'm sure.

Wachara C.

Feb 28, 2014 at 11:49 PM Post #14 of 25
Likewise with nikongod's comments, Fred.  We haven't always agreed, but you've offered many unique ideas and valuable insight.  You've also always been available to help those in need around here and have been quick to post words of advice to beginners with problems.  As Wachara said, there's always hope - don't give up. Meanwhile, you will be in my prayers.

Mar 1, 2014 at 4:06 AM Post #15 of 25
Hi Fred
I am very sorry to hear this.
I can only say enjoy your family and your illusions.
You must not have unnecessary worries.
We are with you. :wink:
A very strong hug.
Best regards
Toni

Users who are viewing this thread

Back