Integrated for Axiom M2ti
Oct 30, 2003 at 2:54 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

MrSiki99

100+ Head-Fier
What would be a good inegrated amp for the axiom m2ti?
My price range is $100 or less.

Oct 30, 2003 at 3:10 AM Post #2 of 7
For this price, you have to go after a vintage one, I don't think you can get a decent amp for less than 100.00 unless a vintage used one...

Oct 30, 2003 at 3:46 AM Post #3 of 7
Got any suggestions on vintage amps?

Oct 30, 2003 at 4:16 AM Post #4 of 7
For vintage you could peruse Ebay and look for Fisher, Dynaco, Heathkit and others.

If you have a way to stretch your budget to $150 you can find some decent integrated amplifiers used at Audiogon. Look for Rotel or NAD. Just check through the whole amplifier section. Great place to check out, as is ebay.

Oct 30, 2003 at 4:44 AM Post #5 of 7
Vintage you may find a lot of decent amps for that price, hundreds, you have to decide and to know what are you looking for and what is more important for you, any will drive pretty good the Axioms, I would suggest to get a Pioneer SA xx00 series from the 70's 80's, I like that Pioneer sound, the bigger the number the better and more powerful, and more features you may find....do a search in EBay, you may find a lot of good amps there, a Sansui, or maybe a Kenwood.....Any will sound better than nowadays plastic toys for around that price....

Oct 30, 2003 at 9:05 PM Post #6 of 7
If it's good wood side panels, it's good
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 30, 2003 at 9:14 PM Post #7 of 7
for vintage, you could try to hunt an Harman Kardon A401. 2X20 watt (solid, robust W, not the one advertised today) and a sound which has nothing from the vintage caricatures : fast, detailled and a dry bass. According to an hifi shop owner who was already selling stuff in the early 70's, it is one of the top 3 amps or receivers ever produced by HK. The 2x40W A402 is not as good, bass and highs are rolled off.

I love mine and I won't sell it anytime soon. They're quite hard to find however. Price could be low (I got one on ebay.de for 60€ and one broken locally for 30, still in repair) but they sometimes skyrocket on ebay : one went for about 430$. Not too bad for a 25years old product.

edit : isn't it cute ?

A401.jpg

edit 2 : phones jacks are nothing special sadly

Users who are viewing this thread

Back