Integrated beats audio :(
Jul 24, 2012 at 11:19 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 20

123pcp321

New Head-Fier
Hello, i recently bought a HP laptop (m6-1045dx) with beats integrated audio. I want to make it clear that i didn't buy it because of that. I bought the laptop because it had decent specs for a good price. I was wondering if there is a way to uninstall all the beats software, i couldn't find it on control panel or anywhere really. Also are there some decent alternative software because when you turn up the volume the beats logo appears and im worried that my sound wont work properly after uninstalling this crap. Thank you in advance and i put a piece of tape over the beats logo to make it look better lol. 

Jul 24, 2012 at 11:42 PM Post #2 of 20
Install Gentoo.

But seriously, try formatting the drive and install the OS again. You can also manually disable Beats Audio and change the settings Beats Audio altered back to default. (Beats Audio lowers the bass when disabled)

Jul 25, 2012 at 12:02 AM Post #3 of 20
I really don't want a new operating system, or formatting the drive and re installing win 7. is there any other way at all? And yea ive always had it disabled but the volume interface is still the same

Jul 27, 2012 at 1:34 AM Post #5 of 20
You can try deleting the IDT Audio Codec, and the computer will load a generic sound driver after you restart.

Delete Beats Audio - HP Support Forum

I have the same problem as you, a HP Pavilion dv6 with Beats Audio. The instructions in the thread didn't help me delete Beats Audio, but it effectively prevented Beats Audio from automatically changing the EQ Settings (unless you do it manually).

Jul 27, 2012 at 11:59 PM Post #6 of 20
Quote:
Hello, i recently bought a HP laptop (m6-1045dx) with beats integrated audio. I want to make it clear that i didn't buy it because of that. I bought the laptop because it had decent specs for a good price. I was wondering if there is a way to uninstall all the beats software, i couldn't find it on control panel or anywhere really. Also are there some decent alternative software because when you turn up the volume the beats logo appears and im worried that my sound wont work properly after uninstalling this crap. Thank you in advance and i put a piece of tape over the beats logo to make it look better lol. 

But you won't hear what the artists hear in the recording studios if you remove the beats software....lol

Jul 28, 2012 at 1:31 AM Post #7 of 20
Quote:

The best thing you can do is wipe and install Windows 7 over. Of course, that can be a pain if you don't already have a non branded version of Windows 7.

Check out Revo Uninstaller. It may be able to remove the beats software for you. Otherwise, you could likely just track down the beats files and delete them and the registry keys and the startups and you should be fine.

Jul 28, 2012 at 1:52 AM Post #8 of 20
Quote:

But you won't hear what the artists hear in the recording studios if you remove the beats software....lol

very_evil_smiley.gif

Aug 5, 2012 at 4:18 PM Post #12 of 20
lol -12, that's just hilarious.

Quote:
Yea, but it still sounds sketchy. and when you disable it it also sounds sketch, Why would hp do this to their laptops man.

Because HP does not give two ****s about making a good laptop. They only care to make money, when you make something to only make money it will never be great.

Aug 5, 2012 at 8:49 PM Post #13 of 20
Quote:
lol -12, that's just hilarious.

Because HP does not give two ****s about making a good laptop. They only care to make money, when you make something to only make money it will never be great.

From what I know, the profit margins in the PC business are not really that great. Making a good product may not mean profits, but cost cutting can.
Secondly, PCs have always been general purpose computing devices. They have the capability to be transformed into something else, but on their own, they're just jack of all trades.

Aug 5, 2012 at 9:58 PM Post #14 of 20
I have a DV6-6xxx laptop with the Beats Audio, and what I did to get around it was just install the modded IDT/Sigmatel driver from here. I had originally used the default Windows driver after doing a clean install but decided to install this driver instead. Not sure on why I did that, I don't remember. The only downsides with this is that the light on mute key will not work, and you will not have any system wide equalizer. The guy that made this driver took out all audio processing to make it universal to as many computers as possible. Of course you could just use WASAPI/ASIO/Kernel Streaming with an audio player and negate the whole issue.

EDIT: Also, if you wish to keep the Beats driver, you can edit some keys in your registry to manually change the equalizer settings to whatever you want. When you disable and enable beats by pressing fn + b, the values remain at whatever you manually assign. I chose to get rid of the beats driver to get rid of any audio processing there is. If you do the registry edit, I'm not sure there is any other processing but I got rid of it just to be sure.

Aug 18, 2012 at 12:26 AM Post #15 of 20
Quote:
Windows Button > Control Panel > Sound > Speaker and Headphones > Tone Controls > Reset to Zero

When you disable Beats Audio, the program lowers the Bass to -12. 
mad.gif

screw** hilarious, so thats why everytime i try to switch off this a**w*** marketing BS of a software, it sounds horrible.
so i just lived with it turned on knowing i just had to turn it on to atleast have decent sound coming out.

ive been looking for a solution on google for a long time, trying to see if i could just uninstall it and replace
it with something else, but was too afraid that if i did, it would mess up things.

atleast now i know i could listen to my music unadulterated, and youre a life saver :) thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back