Instrumental metal?
Jun 15, 2009 at 1:51 AM Post #31 of 41
Quote:

Originally Posted by CDBacklash /img/forum/go_quote.gif
C75 was awesome. Four of my favourite underground albums came from it. Trois Rouge, Trois Bleu, Trois Noir and Future Sight

More liek 2 albums amirire?

Anyway, mastery is good stuff, quite like it. Seems to be a bit technical at times but overall I quite like it. Shame the first album is a bit short.
frown.gif

Need to work on the rest of those musics in a bit.....

Jun 15, 2009 at 6:57 AM Post #32 of 41
Quote:

Originally Posted by CDBacklash /img/forum/go_quote.gif
C75 was awesome. Four of my favourite underground albums came from it. Trois Rouge, Trois Bleu, Trois Noir and Future Sight

I decided to take a look at the Music section of Head-Fi for the first time and I was pleasantly surprised to find that there are other fans of Touhou arranges. I could not agree with you more, I quite a large fan of REDALiCE's style.

Now responding to the OP, AQUAELIE is a circle that might interest you. Two albums from =NeutraL=, DARKNESS and GRAVITY, also may be right for you as well.

Happy Listening!

Jun 15, 2009 at 7:34 AM Post #33 of 41
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kirby1356 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I decided to take a look at the Music section of Head-Fi for the first time and I was pleasantly surprised to find that there are other fans of Touhou arranges. I could not agree with you more, I quite a large fan of REDALiCE's style.

Now responding to the OP, AQUAELIE is a circle that might interest you. Two albums from =NeutraL=, DARKNESS and GRAVITY, also may be right for you as well.

Happy Listening!

Maybe we should make a thread for touhou arranges?

I should probably get around to listening to that stuff now, been playing forza for most of the day. Built some silly fast 86.....

Oh hay anyone here listened to CODE-49?

Jun 20, 2009 at 4:26 AM Post #36 of 41
Quote:

Originally Posted by asmox /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It's actually Carving Desert Canyons by Scale the Summit.

Doh! Wrote it bass-ackward.
redface.gif

You are correct, sir!

Jun 20, 2009 at 6:42 AM Post #37 of 41
I'm not going to scroll through the thread to see if my suggestion has already been made, but give Alaska by Between the Buried and Me a listen. There's an instrumental and a vocal version of the album, obviously make sure to nab the instrumental one.
biggrin.gif

Enjoy!

Jun 20, 2009 at 2:44 PM Post #38 of 41
Quote:

Originally Posted by asmox /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Exivious - Two guys from Cynic, a guy from Textures, and some other guy decided to make an album. It mostly sounds like a Cynic record, and in a lot of ways is more interesting than Traced in Air.

Cloudkicker - Sounds sorta like Nothing-era Meshuggah mixed with Textures. Shares similarities with Animals as Leaders.

Both very good bands. I really like textures as well, but those guys do have a singer. Very nice guys too, which does help somehow.

Quote:

Originally Posted by kwitel /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sampling some Cloudkicker on MySpace right now; solid.

cloudkicker.uk -

Cloudkicker can be sampled in FLAC for free. How neat is that?

Jun 21, 2009 at 3:54 AM Post #39 of 41
Quote:

Originally Posted by pfillion /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You can also try the new Dream Theater. (The third CD is the instrumental version of the album
smily_headphones1.gif
)

And the third cd is AWESOME. Some of the songs work better as instrumentals.

Jun 30, 2009 at 2:24 PM Post #40 of 41
Just happened by this thread on a google search. But anyway, I have a Real Rhapsody subscription, and all I've been doing for the past couple of months is listening to every instrumental rock/metal/guitar album they have. These are the best I have found--and I've listened to hundreds. A lot of them are obscure. Some are done with drum machines instead of full bands, but they still sound awesome.

Band Name--Album--Tracks

Spiritus Mundi--Trinity--Circle of Seven/Dead in the Water/and almost all the others.

This album kicks so much *****, I can't even tell you. Crunchy, heavy guitar riffs. Like Metallica without singing. The Circle of Seven song is 17 minutes and it's so freaking good. Done by one guy, I believe--a genius.

Theodore Ziras--Hyperpyrexia--Number One/Salvation/Night of the Dead

Speed metal guitarist from Greece. Blinding solos, heavy riffs. You get the idea. Really good.

Corbin King--Guitar Master--Blue Groove/8th Degree/some others

Another speed freak guitarist. Unbelievable technique and speed and tone. Lots of heavy stuff, some bluesy. But the guitar wails, man. Also check out his other album Destination. Him, Joe Stump, and Michael Harris all released separate albums playing the same songs to see how they interpret them. It's awesome. Joe Stump's album is called Armed and Ready, Michael Harris's is called Hurricane X. But they all play the same instrumental songs to see the difference in technique. It's pretty sick. Joe Stump on the track Mind Games is some of the best guitar playing ever.

Michael Harris--Orchestrate--Octavian II

I'm not recommending the whole album (some of the songs are good, though), but this one track is a must own. One of the best metal instrumentals I've heard. It's not recorded in the best quality ever--drums are a little thin--but the melodies and the guitar playing make up for it.

David Chastain--Countdown to Infinity--Title Track/Demonic Harmonic.../Attack of the Mechonrites

More must own tracks. These are just as good as all the others. Wil definitely have you banging your head and looking for trouble. The title track is serious head banging.

All of Joe Stumps stuff is insane. He is the most underrated guitarist in the world--unblievable skill. Tracks Mind Games, Jetaime, and Sorcerer's Apprentice are good.

Jeff Kollmann--Schizoid--Remember the Alamo/Detroit Monster Blues

Not recommending the whole album, but these tracks are really good. Amazing guitar playing.

Nick Layton--Storming the Castle--Snake Charmer

Amazing song. Great heavy riff, Clean speed guitar. A couple of the other songs are good, but this one stands out.

Check out Jeff Loomis's Zero Order Phase if you like that real heavy stuff. There's a lot of others. Oh yeah there's a song by Keith Miller called Inner Turbulance on his CHALK album. Awesome song. Great melody, heavy riff, clean guitar with nice tone.

This is just the metal/borderline metal stuff. If you like instrumental blues/rock guitar I have tons of awesome obscure tracks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back