Installing Sony MDR-CD3000 drivers to a different pair of headphones
Aug 8, 2011 at 10:55 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

gzone3lement

third_eye! You are a stud!
Has anyone worked on installing CD3000 drivers to the SA3000 headphones? I saw this thread and it seemed it is possible:
http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/288105/fs-recabled-sony-mdr-sa1000-with-mdr-cd3000-drivers

However, the thread does show any pictures and there isn't much information. I PM'ed him once, but he has not responded. I know I cannot do this myself, so I want to ask someone to help me work on working this out. I don't think it's best to point out who is doing it, but I did get a response back from his assistant:

Quote:
In the SA1000/3000/5000 the drivers are glued into the housing. With the CD3000 the drivers are mounted with a holding device. Also I am pretty sure that without an additional adapter the CD3000 drivers can not be glued into the SA3000 housing. The work is not straight forward so I am not sure if **** would be willing to do the work, but I can ask him. I can tell you up front that it will not be a cheap process.

Thanks,

Has anyone installed CD3000 drivers in another headphone other than the Headphile wooden headphones? 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back