installing rockbox on iHP-120
Jul 30, 2009 at 12:51 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

lhamp

100+ Head-Fier
bought the iRiver on ebay. First off, I can't even figure out how to play anything on it... I was told it was drag and drop... but it isn't working.

In any event....while trying to load rockbox it says "bootloader installation requires you to provide firmware file of the original firmware (hex file). You need to download this file yourself due to legal reasons. Please refer to the Manual (a link) and the IriverBoot (dead link) wiki page on how to obtain this file.

Help. Thanks.

Jul 30, 2009 at 12:56 PM Post #2 of 14
ummm... does this thing not play mpeg4.... just draged an mp3 on and it worked.

Still have the Rockbox issue though.

Jul 30, 2009 at 12:56 PM Post #3 of 14
It is "drag and drop" when attached to USB, it will show up as a drive. Just drag music files into the "Music" folder that shows up when you open the drive.

If it boots, you do not need to reload the original firmware. Latest version is 1.66.

Jul 30, 2009 at 12:57 PM Post #4 of 14
On the drag & drop -it doesn't show up in My Computer as a drive?
If you're running Windows, when you connect the USB, no message?

Edit\ nvm - HiFlight in one. Be wary of some firmware (Korean 1.31 IIRC) - doesn't work with Rockbox. Check rockbox.org for info:

http://www.rockbox.org/twiki/bin/view/Main/IriverFAQ

Jul 30, 2009 at 12:58 PM Post #5 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by HiFlight /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It is "drag and drop" when attached to USB, it will show up as a drive. Just drag music files into the "Music" folder that shows up when you open the drive.

If it boots, you do not need to reload the original firmware. Latest version is 1.66.

where do I get the latest firmware? Thanks.

Jul 30, 2009 at 12:59 PM Post #6 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by steviebee /img/forum/go_quote.gif
On the drag & drop -it doesn't show up in My Computer as a drive?
If you're running Windows, when you connect the USB, no message?

Mac

Jul 30, 2009 at 1:02 PM Post #7 of 14
You need to use Windows util to mod stock, drop to root of iriver, disconnect use iriver firmware to flash. Flash. Copy .rockbox to root of iriver.

If you use version7 of bootloader you can get rid of iriver firmware and flash to ram and rom (offers fallback in case flash fails)

To lay mp3 files just use mac file browser copy like you would do on a hard disc.

Jul 30, 2009 at 1:17 PM Post #8 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by iriverdude /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You need to use Windows util to mod stock, drop to root of iriver, disconnect use iriver firmware to flash. Flash. Copy .rockbox to root of iriver.

If you use version7 of bootloader you can get rid of iriver firmware and flash to ram and rom (offers fallback in case flash fails)

To lay mp3 files just use mac file browser copy like you would do on a hard disc.

LOL... forgive my ignorance, but I didn't follow any of that... except the Mac part.... I don't have a PC... is there any EASY way to get rockbox on this thing with a Mac? Thanks.

Jul 30, 2009 at 6:16 PM Post #14 of 14
I'm up and running.

Thanks for all your help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back