Installing Burson Conductor SL on Windows 7 x64???
Mar 12, 2014 at 5:28 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

SolomonPierce

100+ Head-Fier
The instructions are useless... I have been combing the internet trying to get this to work.

I just received my brand new Burson Conductor SL 1793 and I can't get the pc to recognize it.  I have tried TOSLINK as well but it didn't come up with anything under sounds panel.

I've installed the proper drivers.  Foobar did not recognize them until I unchecked "Use only 64bit ASIO Drivers".  Now Foobar recognizes the Burson unit but attempting to play a song reads "unrecoverable playback error.  Could not initialize the driver."

When disconnecting & reconnecting the USB cord the PC still says it doesn't recognize the device.

I've been trying everything and reading everywhere online, nothing helps.  I appreciate any help you could give.  I'm surprised Burson expects everyone to figure this out without ANY instructions, even the readme is useless.  You think they'd supply a disk with the proper drivers or at least detailed instruction.  I'm surprised I can't find more online about this :frowning2:

Mar 12, 2014 at 6:37 PM Post #2 of 2
Three hours after first attempting this I got it working.  I still don't know how... I kept reinstalling drivers and suddenly after restarting the pc for the upteenth time it suddenly worked.  I'm not going to poke at this, just gonna be happy it works.  I'm sorry I can't assist others who may encounter an issue installing these drivers!

On a happier note, I'm liking the sound of the Conductor so far.  I haven't heard the other dac chip offered but the 1793 sounded perfect for me as I wanted a bit more air and separation in orchestral pieces... seems to be right on the money.

Best wishes!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back