IMG_0718.jpg

IMG_0717.jpg

IMG_0716.jpg

IMG_0715.jpg

IMG_0714.jpg

Dec 29, 2006 at 3:44 AM Post #3 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by OGTL /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Put the cover back on before you electrocute yourself!

or It's called culling the breed.

Dec 29, 2006 at 4:20 AM Post #4 of 6
"Oooooo look at the baby capacitors! They are soooooo cute! Yes they are! You could just bundle them up and put them in your pocket!"

Seriously, I've seen newspapers with more substantial electronics than that DVD/AVR combo. The fact that it performs a function with that little substance is quite the accomplishment I suppose. But why did they make it so big? Clearly the engineers could fit everything into a McDonalds Big Mac box.

Dec 29, 2006 at 5:45 AM Post #5 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rock&Roll Ninja /img/forum/go_quote.gif
"Oooooo look at the baby capacitors! They are soooooo cute! Yes they are! You could just bundle them up and put them in your pocket!"

Seriously, I've seen newspapers with more substantial electronics than that DVD/AVR combo. The fact that it performs a function with that little substance is quite the accomplishment I suppose. But why did they make it so big? Clearly the engineers could fit everything into a McDonalds Big Mac box.

it might also be more marketable if it had a smaller foot print, i know i'd buy one if it was the size of a mac mini

Dec 29, 2006 at 6:01 AM Post #6 of 6
the micheal green audio way is to strip the insides of the player/receiver/etc out and place each part on speacil wood..no chasis allowed at all.

To be honest it does sound nuts and really off the deep end but I heard a micheal green tuned room with all the crazy things and i must say I never heard a setup or anything like it..in fact I never imagined a stereo could do what that setup did...

but with all due respect to MGA I am not taking out the insides of my $4,400 Meridian cd player any time soon....

blink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back