Insane addictive flash game.
Apr 26, 2007 at 10:21 PM Post #91 of 130
All right guys, this is the most powerful defense setup I have ever built (click to enlarge):

I don't even know what kind of score I'll get. There are enough poision gas rockets to stop the enemies cold in their tracks. I will post when this is finished!

Apr 26, 2007 at 10:46 PM Post #92 of 130
That's a major game-breaker right there. I spent $300,000 on poison gas rockets, and survived to level 420 - No, that wasn't intended. I mashed the spacebar easily 500 more times than that but the game got down to less than 1 fps and the gas rockets started blowing up as they were launched.

Granted, I only killed 1600 or so enemies, but still, if I'd left the game to run for weeks on end I would eventually get a nice, large score.

Apr 26, 2007 at 11:39 PM Post #93 of 130
Ok this did not work as well as I thought it would. For some reason, the nukes do not fire as fast when the blue turrets are stacked. I have no idea why, but the game ended with 2400 kills, compared to the 2500+ I got with the blue turrets stacked around the red turret, with the blue ones stacked twice (total of 3 for every one visible).

Apr 27, 2007 at 12:10 AM Post #94 of 130
High score for me (no-sandbox, non-stacking). A few more rounds and I'll be bored enough to play the sandbox version.

Are there any faster image hosting sites that imageshack?

Apr 27, 2007 at 2:05 AM Post #95 of 130
I think you guys are trying too hard
I got to level 339 without spending a dollar or firing a single shot.

Johnsonsluaght.jpg

smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 27, 2007 at 2:37 AM Post #96 of 130
Quote:

Originally Posted by jumpinjohn1234 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think you guys are trying too hard
I got to level 339 without spending a dollar or firing a single shot.

And quite the impressive score I might add!
biggrin.gif

Apr 27, 2007 at 3:29 AM Post #97 of 130
I finally succumbed to the dark side and used the sandbox version:

Got to the point where it was lagging so badly that I wanted it to end. Don't know if it's down to hardware or whether it's a limitation of Flash. I probably should have put down 2 nuke flowers and would have lasted a lot longer that way. I did get a BFG every 2 levels or so but they didn't seem to do much damage.

Apr 28, 2007 at 5:20 AM Post #101 of 130
Man I could have gone on forever. The game is impossible to get a huge score because the system cant handle all those explosions. I have to reboot my pc because im still feeling the effects of the slowdown.

score.jpg

I started selling stuff so that it would speed up and eventually I lost. But if i had kept them and it didnt slow down I would have gone on forever. There was a group in the middle that was stuck. ANd I was constantly bombarding it, getting about 10 kills/minute.

HAHAH look at my shots fired compared to jules. I have 74k, jules has 23k. BTW i got more kills than you, yet u got a higher score, how does it determine score?

Apr 28, 2007 at 5:32 AM Post #102 of 130
I'm not sure how scoring works. I think the fewer shots you fire, the higher the score. My blues were mostly out of range so they just fired nuke combos with the reds.

Apr 28, 2007 at 9:39 AM Post #103 of 130
From what I've read, score is simply Money Spent * Enemies Killed.

Pm@c: In Sandbox, use the larger damage boosters. (7 is their keyboard shortcut. They up damage by 100% instead of 40% and thus are more cost- & space-effective.)

I haven't played today, but I'll probably play tomorrow. I know, I'm horrible.

Apr 28, 2007 at 10:11 AM Post #104 of 130
Anyone manage to get past 400 mil+ in normal mode? I can't seem to get past level 210 or so. I've tried different nuke flower combos, poison rockets, and even BFG rockets, which suck because they don't scale up as well as a nuke flower does.

Apr 28, 2007 at 1:16 PM Post #105 of 130
Quote:

Originally Posted by jules650 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Anyone manage to get past 400 mil+ in normal mode? I can't seem to get past level 210 or so. I've tried different nuke flower combos, poison rockets, and even BFG rockets, which suck because they don't scale up as well as a nuke flower does.

I got 371 mill. Its my highest on normal. But I made a few mistakes that I could have gone a little higher.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back