Input setup for speakers
Jun 25, 2021 at 1:39 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

ank88

New Head-Fier
Hello,

the speakers are The box dsp 115.
They have 2 inputs XLR/TRS, 1 input AUX and 1 output XLR.

I need advice on whats the best way to connect audio.

My audio sources are 2 bluetooth receivers.
First one has 2 RCA outputs and 1 AUX output.
Second one has only AUX output in the form of a think cable with AUX male connector.

With first one I use 2 RCA coaxial cables of 5 meters each and plug them into a RCA-to-TRS(6.35mm mono) adapter which I plug into the TRS port of each speaker.

With second one I plug the AUX output directly into the AUX input of one speaker, then I connect the other speaker with a single 5 meter XLR cable to the output XLR of the first speaker.

So which route should I go and why?
I haven't noticed and quality difference between both methods. I only noticed that with the RCA method volume is higher.

Last edited:
Jun 27, 2021 at 4:57 PM Post #2 of 2
Hi,
At 5 meters you’re near the recommended limits for using unbalanced cables due to electronic noise interference. You may want to consider getting something to convert the unbalanced signal from the Bluetooth receiver to balanced and then running balanced (xlr) cables to your speakers. If you don’t want to do that, I think the rca to trs cable setup will likely be slightly better than using the aux output on the receiver. Reason is I think the physical separation of the left and right cables is a bit better than the two cables being next to each other in an aux cable.
Regards,
Mario

Users who are viewing this thread

Back