Innuos Phoenix USB Reclocker
Apr 6, 2022 at 10:44 PM Post #181 of 281
one in classfieds now, Im considering it, even more so now that I learned one can internaly change voltage to 220v (at your own risk, or take it to a dealer). Famous reviewers aside, I do believe my spring KTE will have great USB isolation, but still am curious enough that I might end going for the Phoenix (think @Roasty 's comments on the Phoenix + May KTE, and he even has a source with better USB out than my PC or CXN 2 streamer to begin with). Innuos has great reputation around here and I dont think Id lose big money reselling if I dont love it.

Will likely just wait longer for a used Sonore optical somewhere, the source should be the obvious upgrade choice, or get the IP USB reclocker

Apr 11, 2022 at 3:30 PM Post #182 of 281
For people who use this device, why do people not just use a convertor or use a different input and just not use USB to have one less box?

Lately I have been a bit of a nut case regarding having as little boxes as possible within reason. I will still not go for an all in one unit, but 3-4 boxes for me is the sweet spot.

Apr 11, 2022 at 3:33 PM Post #183 of 281
I noticed a definite lift in SQ when I added an Uptone Etheregen to my Zenith mk3. Also when I added an Afterdark Queen OXCO clock. I wouldn't be without either now.
If you were to describe what differences you hear with each product as well as trying to put a percentage of improvement on each item, what would you say?

Sorry for vague dumb questions, haha.

Apr 13, 2022 at 9:11 AM Post #184 of 281
I had the money to spare and it didn't ruin me financially. I really liked how it looked. +/- bragging rights for having an Innuos product with SJ power supply. works for me. that is all.

and its not $2k...
I'm trying to see if it's worth getting a Phoenix with an SRC-DX into Dave, however i'm still not sold on it not being snake oil. Bragging rights arguments are not helping lol.
I am curious, why do you use a SOTM sms 200 ultra neo + tx ultra? The Ultra Neo has the ultra clock in it. I've had all 3 in last weekend and i found the SPS500 PSU pretty bad (I'd rather get a Farad for the neo) and adding the Ultra clock after the streamer just seemed to make things worse.

Apr 13, 2022 at 9:21 AM Post #185 of 281
I'm trying to see if it's worth getting a Phoenix with an SRC-DX into Dave, however i'm still not sold on it not being snake oil. Bragging rights arguments are not helping lol.
I am curious, why do you use a SOTM sms 200 ultra neo + tx ultra? The Ultra Neo has the ultra clock in it. I've had all 3 in last weekend and i found the SPS500 PSU pretty bad (I'd rather get a Farad for the neo) and adding the Ultra clock after the streamer just seemed to make things worse.

the SOtM streamer/txusbultra/sps 500 belong to my friend, and I only use it in the office where I get minimal listening time. I owned the txusbultra and SPS500 before and sold both.

the SOtM streamers in my home are powered by farad super3 and a Teddy Pardo.

if u can get the Phoenix on trial, let us know how it gets on!

Apr 13, 2022 at 11:50 AM Post #186 of 281
the SOtM streamer/txusbultra/sps 500 belong to my friend, and I only use it in the office where I get minimal listening time. I owned the txusbultra and SPS500 before and sold both.

the SOtM streamers in my home are powered by farad super3 and a Teddy Pardo.

if u can get the Phoenix on trial, let us know how it gets on!
Can't really get it on trial without straight up buying it, so i'm trying to get impressions if it's worth it in my use case. I'm getting an SRC-DX soon and I'm trying to decide if i should keep my PC as a source and add the Phoenix to clean up the noise before the SRC and Dave, or get another USB streamer (mine does everything except USB). The SOTM one apparently have a Linux driver compatibility issue with the SRC-DX for now.

Apr 13, 2022 at 12:18 PM Post #187 of 281
I haven't provided an update here since receiving mine because I had gone a few weeks with my favorite headphones on loan. Have just been enjoying them with the Phoenix without much A/B comparison since I got them back. The two things that have stood out are the same as with the Mscaler--perceived blacker background and improvement in separation/layering, but I need to dedicate some time to direct comparisons with and without to report back as accurately as possible. Will give it some time this week and next.

Apr 13, 2022 at 2:31 PM Post #189 of 281
It matters, I just compered CA1000 with Aries G1 both connected to Phoenix and they are different, mainly on the soundstage presentation, CA1000 put it closer and is deeper, that is first what I notice, there are more differences, but need more time to check it.

Apr 20, 2022 at 1:22 PM Post #190 of 281
I'm getting ready to hookup the Zenith MK3, Phoenix USB Reclocker, and PhoenixNET, I'm currently using a Roon Nucleus +. For optimal sound quality should I keep the Nucleus in the chain or leave it out and use the MK3 as the Roon Core?

Thanks for any advice you have on this.

Ken

Apr 20, 2022 at 1:27 PM Post #191 of 281
use the roon nucleus...I have the same set up except I use a different core

Apr 21, 2022 at 1:35 PM Post #192 of 281
I'm getting ready to hookup the Zenith MK3, Phoenix USB Reclocker, and PhoenixNET, I'm currently using a Roon Nucleus +. For optimal sound quality should I keep the Nucleus in the chain or leave it out and use the MK3 as the Roon Core?

Thanks for any advice you have on this.

Ken
My best advice is to try both and hear which you like the most. I would guess it will sound better without the Nucleus +, but that is pure speculation.

Apr 21, 2022 at 7:20 PM Post #193 of 281
definitely not, it is better when the core is separate

Apr 22, 2022 at 11:15 AM Post #194 of 281
use the roon nucleus...I have the same set up except I use a different core
Thanks for the advice. I noticed from your list that you and I have a lot of the same gear (Hugo 2, Abyss AB-1266 PHI TC, Susvara, Mason FS, Oriolus Traillii(the bird), Roon nucleus, innuos zenith 3, innuos phoenix).

I've been in this hobby for about a year and half and am afraid I've gotten in a bit over my head with knowing the best way to hookup the innuos equipment and was wondering if you could provide some pointers. I currently have my router feeding the PhoenixNET going to the Roon Nucleus + into the DAC. Can you tell me the best way to add the ZENith Mk3 and the PHOENIXUSB, into the system? Meaning, what connects to what using what cables. I'm sure I should know this but I'm still learning and the gear didn't come with very clear instructions.

I greatly appreciate any advice you can offer.

Apr 23, 2022 at 12:35 PM Post #195 of 281
Thanks for the advice. I noticed from your list that you and I have a lot of the same gear (Hugo 2, Abyss AB-1266 PHI TC, Susvara, Mason FS, Oriolus Traillii(the bird), Roon nucleus, innuos zenith 3, innuos phoenix).

I've been in this hobby for about a year and half and am afraid I've gotten in a bit over my head with knowing the best way to hookup the innuos equipment and was wondering if you could provide some pointers. I currently have my router feeding the PhoenixNET going to the Roon Nucleus + into the DAC. Can you tell me the best way to add the ZENith Mk3 and the PHOENIXUSB, into the system? Meaning, what connects to what using what cables. I'm sure I should know this but I'm still learning and the gear didn't come with very clear instructions.

I greatly appreciate any advice you can offer.
Never mind on this, I found a user guide and will figure things out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back