Goldring---------GX200-----------------39.00
Ultimate Ears----Metro Fi----------------39.99
Beyerdynamic----DTX50-----------------42.99
XtremeMac------FS1--------------------49.99
Jays-------------Djays------------------49.85
ezGear----------SX70-------------------34.99
Sennheiser------CX300------------------26.99
Crossroads------MylarOne X3------------30.00

Just tell me which you would get, thats all.

I don't know much about headphones, and rather than try and do loads of research, I'd rather just give you guys this list that match my budget (£30-£50 - I tried to find the best price I could - if you know anywhere that sells cheaper then please let me know).

If you want to expand on why you would choose one over the other, please feel free. Or if you want to suggest something else, then thats cool. I live in the uk, so a retailer recommendation would be good if thats the case.

By the way, if it makes any difference, I'm looking for warmth over crispness (I get quite fatigued ears if levels are too high)

Many thanks, and sorry that this is so upfront and its my first post. I just don't have time to do loads of research, I'd be happy trusting the opinions of people who already know what they are talking about.

Cheers

Jul 11, 2007 at 2:39 PM Post #2 of 22
Hi!
The only IEM that I've heard from your list is the FS1. Was my first IEM. For the price you list I think it's a great choice! (I paid more than $150!!)
Has great low response (maybe a bit boomy for some tastes, but if you like the Bass it's for you) and no prominent highs. If your source has a great EQ the FS1 could be the best option (in my honest opinion).

Welcome to Head-Fi! And start to save money!!
wink.gif

Jul 11, 2007 at 2:39 PM Post #3 of 22
For any headphone under $50, a no brainer... the Koss KSC/75 (or 35), Koss PortaPro or Sennheiser PX100. I'm not one for IEMs, so ergo the KSC/75 & KSC/35's for me. That and their awesome sound. I would stay away from Skullcandy. I have not personally tried any, but I have read and heard nothing but bad things about them. From your list, I would think the Shure would be better than most, if not all, the rest of the list. Good luck!

Jul 11, 2007 at 3:28 PM Post #5 of 22
E2c & E2g (so-called gaming edition) are the same phone, just slightly shorter cord on the g I think.

I've heard good things about the Jays.
Nuthin but bad about the Skullcandys.

Are you using £Sterling in your prices? If so, put Crossroads MylarOne X3 at the top of your list! $US 57 (so approx £28-£30), shipped free worldwide from Jaben website & an absolute steal! Very highly recommended.

And from what you say about warmth, you'll love em!

Jul 11, 2007 at 3:32 PM Post #7 of 22
iheadphones are a great company.
But please do check out Jaben (think it's Jaben.net but do a quick search in Google -you'll find it)....your list is not complete without the X3s! Seriously.

Jul 11, 2007 at 3:40 PM Post #10 of 22
I tried searching, but I thought this maybe a bit more specific and to the point, also I don't have a huge amount of time, I need to be getting them in the next few days. Sorry dude

Hmm the etymotics may be stretching my budget a bit.. If enough people gave it the go ahead, maybe, but I really didn't want to spend more than £50 (sorry, I must seem like a total audio philistine to you guys). If anyone can find a cheaper price let me know, and I'll add it.

Is it really worth the extra cash?

By the way, I'll be using a Meizu as my source

Jul 11, 2007 at 4:00 PM Post #11 of 22
iheadphones has the E2c/g cheaper than advancedmp3 I think -tho I don't know if shipping compares....

Jul 11, 2007 at 7:37 PM Post #13 of 22
I bought my er-6i from that guy. Turned up in about 2 weeks (I'm UK too)
They're awesome but i've only had em since march & the cable has gone & busted itself (well maybe my extreme use had something to do with it!)
I'm awaiting an email back from etymotic (emailed em a week ago today) about warranty issues from overseas buyers & if they're covered but so far zilch
frown.gif

That might be somrthing to consider...

Jul 11, 2007 at 8:29 PM Post #14 of 22
Out of the ones you listed - definitely the MylarOne X3, as I have heard so many great things about them and the way they sound, and becuase they are also so cheap. I don't recommend Sennheiser CX300 at all - it has way too much bass, it is way too colored in the mids and highs and it has terrible microphonic effects IMO.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back