Info about AKG K1000
Mar 18, 2013 at 5:59 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

millphil24

New Head-Fier
Hi guys,

I have acquired a set of AKG K1000's which I now want to sell but they have a strange jack on them. It is circular with 4 pins.
I dont have any equipment to test them on to see if they work before selling them but a guy in my local dj equipment shop suggested putting a new regular jack on and then testing and selling them with the new jack.
Does anyone know if this is the best way to do it and where would be the best place to sell them?
Hope someone out there can help me!!

Many thanks

Phil

Mar 18, 2013 at 7:20 PM Post #3 of 5
Quote:
Hi guys,

I have acquired a set of AKG K1000's which I now want to sell but they have a strange jack on them. It is circular with 4 pins.
I dont have any equipment to test them on to see if they work before selling them but a guy in my local dj equipment shop suggested putting a new regular jack on and then testing and selling them with the new jack.
Does anyone know if this is the best way to do it and where would be the best place to sell them?
Hope someone out there can help me!!

Many thanks

Phil

One of these will sort you out.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/XLR-4-Pin-Female-Jack-1-4-Right-Angle-Audio-TRS-Guitar-Output-cable-2m-609B-/120903639137

Mar 18, 2013 at 7:30 PM Post #4 of 5
If you're serious about performance, get some XLR to RCA cables built for better results. 

Mar 18, 2013 at 7:40 PM Post #5 of 5
Quote:
One of these will sort you out.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/XLR-4-Pin-Female-Jack-1-4-Right-Angle-Audio-TRS-Guitar-Output-cable-2m-609B-/120903639137

+1. It will be enough to try - K1000 require normally to be connected to the loudspeaker terminals and do not sound optimal with most headphone outputs. You do not want to replace the 4 pin XLR male jack on these - either from autechnicity reasons or from purely practical - a normal TRS headphone jack will short out the output of the amp is plugged or unplugged during operation - something you do not want to do with a powerful speaker amp. This is the main reason K 1000 have 4 pin termination - no shorting of the output during cable attaching or removal. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back