Infected Mushroom: Best on Alessandro MS-1s (GRADO) or Beyer DT770 Pro/80
Sep 11, 2009 at 3:00 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

I3eyond

500+ Head-Fier
The MS-1s sound fantastic because they're SO open and SO clear, but once you listen to the 770s, you say wow, I love this bass. Of course, my DT770s are brand new, so HOPEFULLY they haven't had enough burn in time yet, but so far, I think my selection goes to...

MS-1s. The DT770s are just too muddy and veiled. Hopefully burn in will change this though?

Anyways, other's thoughts on which IM is better on?

Sep 11, 2009 at 3:29 PM Post #2 of 6
I love my MS1i, haven't heard a single Beyer phone.

And maybe I'm missing the whole "infected mushroom" idea??
ph34r.gif

Sep 11, 2009 at 3:39 PM Post #3 of 6
Tough call considering the last two albums including the most recent are not the typical psychadelic trance. The newer albums mix in a lot of rock elements, back their metal heritage, where their band name originated from. And some hip hop and other influences. But seriously, only way to find out what sounds best for IM is to try the headphones yourself. Just because 20 people like IM on DT770 or 25 on MS1 means nothing until you decide for yourself.

Sep 11, 2009 at 3:39 PM Post #4 of 6
I think Infected Mushroom is supposed to be a band or something.

Anyway, I've never liked the DT770's. They just sound like flatulence, in my opinion... too much mid and upper bass and not enough treble at all.

Sep 11, 2009 at 3:43 PM Post #5 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by MD1032 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think Infected Mushroom is supposed to be a band or something.

Anyway, I've never liked the DT770's. They just sound like flatulence, in my opinion... too much mid and upper bass and not enough treble at all.

Yeah, I'm thinking about returning mine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back