Inexpensive cable for Senn HD580
Jun 20, 2005 at 7:27 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Star65

New Head-Fier
Advise, please, inexpensive (up to 80 $) a cable for headphones HD580. Jan Meier, similar, inexpensive cable any more does not sell, then what remains? Anything?

Jun 20, 2005 at 7:29 PM Post #2 of 8
I'm sure if you email Jan he can get you the Oehlbach cable (~$50) still. Otherwise, I'd suggest placing a WTB ad in the classifieds. Other replacement cables pop up from time to time as well, so keep your eyes peeled. Check out Headphile.com too, Larry sells some nice cables, and is a great guy to do business with.

Jun 20, 2005 at 8:06 PM Post #3 of 8
The cheapest method would be to shorten the stock cable to half of its original length (or the minimum length you need, resp.). This makes it sound twice as good. I'm serious. Within your price range the Headphile BlackSilver is also recommendable.

peacesign.gif

Jun 21, 2005 at 3:21 AM Post #4 of 8
If you are trying to replace a damaged cable, I'm sure someone here would sell you a stock cable VERY cheaply!
600smile.gif

Jun 21, 2005 at 11:16 AM Post #6 of 8
you need to contact "[AK]Zip" He's a member here on Head-Fi.

He made me an absolutely spectacular cable for cheap. (around 80 bucks)

I would always suggest his work.

Top notch.

BILL

Jun 21, 2005 at 11:19 AM Post #7 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by grandenigma1
the HD650 replacement is like $16 shipped in the states and last I saw there were a few DIY Senn cables in the FS forum for under $80

here

and here <--- not DIY

and also here

to name a few.

That second cable is for the HD590's, and won't fit the HD580's and up.

Jun 21, 2005 at 5:47 PM Post #8 of 8
Huge thanks, guys! Did not think at all, that there will be so many variants! I asked for the friend, now I shall ask him, that he particularly will decide to make and what variant he will select.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back