Increase Radius HP-TWF11r isolation?
Nov 14, 2010 at 3:05 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

gibbons

New Head-Fier
Hello all,

I recently returned a pair of klipsch image s4s and bought a pair of Radius HP-TWF11r. So far I much prefer the sound quality of the latter; however, the s4s offered much better sound isolation, which is somewhat important to me given that there are some background noises at work I'd really like to block out. 

Is there any way to improve the isolation level of the HP-TWF11r or am I doomed to hearing the irritating noises of the outside world.

Nov 14, 2010 at 3:31 PM Post #2 of 4
Ooh the DDMs are a bad choice if you wanted isolation.

You could try blocking the ports but you'll end up with a very bassy sound, and there is a good chance you'll damage the drivers since there will be some strong air pressure as a result.

Welcome to the forum btw. The DDMs are amazing but isolation is definitely not their strong suite.

Nov 16, 2010 at 12:58 AM Post #3 of 4
Hmm; ok. What about the microphonics? Anything that can be done about that?

I'm loving the sound of these things, but the isolation and (to a greater extent) microphonics are irritating.

Nov 16, 2010 at 4:27 AM Post #4 of 4
My suggestion with microphonics is:

Wear them over the ear. You can either do this so that they stick out like Mickey Mouse circles, or you can run the cable all around the back of your ear and loop till you are back to the normal position. That's what I do, and although I had to cut the neck cinch off it works well.

The other helpful thing I found is, wear the cable under your shirt. It'll bounce around less.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back