Incognito amp....can you guess what it is?
Jun 17, 2007 at 5:05 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 31

oicdn

Headphoneus Supremus
Although I do love a beautiful case, I opted for the plastic variant to keep things low key. That, and well if the case was the only difference why bother if it's going to be in a case.

260221391.jpg

Pics on the inside would give it away....but here are some hints:

Absolutely stunning sound.
The bass eats away I would have to say everything except a PRII.
Very transparent, and no hiss with UM2s.
No longer available.
8 hour battery life.
AD8397 opamp
$50 shipped.

It's not burned in yet, but after 24 hours of constant use playing music, the change hasn't been drasatic, except slightly widened soundstage and deepening bass. But I can tell this thing will blossom into something serious, more than any amp I've ever heard. This includes fully burned in 500hr Hornets, 800+ hour Tomahawks, SR71, PRIIs, TTVJ Millet Tube, PCIII, GV5 and GV6.

I will say the sound isn't as colored as your RSA variants, but are very close to being as punchy. I will have to refrain from really making any more comments in that regard seeing as how the amp is far from being burned in. But I suspect the sound can only get better.

Anybody able to guess?

Jun 17, 2007 at 6:10 PM Post #4 of 31
$50 bucks?? I'm really interested now...

Jun 18, 2007 at 5:43 AM Post #14 of 31
Pint is the obvious answer, but thats far too easy. I'm going to guess a DIY (or PCB) cmoy using the AD8397, no buffers, and hopefully no caps of any kind in the signal path.

I hope I'm right... My $50 will be YOURs in a heartbeat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back