Incipio F38
Apr 20, 2012 at 7:41 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

tuanh714

New Head-Fier
So I've noticed that there were quite a lot of questions in regards to what the Incipio's sounded like, since they looked nearly identical to the Brainwavz HM3 and Fischer FA 004.

I just got a pair, and well... pre-burn in, bass is quite lacking. Not punchy at all and the sound seems too "slow or laid back." Treble ain't too great either but then again, I JUST STARTED using them.

I'll wait til after burn-in.

I'm estatic about the build quality. It's quite a beautiful set, VERY comfortable. The foam layer covering the drivers is actually quite thick, I mean I can poke it and it feels cushioned. So even if your ear is touching it, doesn't hurt at all. Gets quite hot and a bit sweaty after about an hour, but that's negligible. Pleather pads are comfortable.

I had a friend measure my ears, and they are exactly 2.5 inches. These fit them perfectly, ears don't feel compressed in ANY way. Comfort's top notch :) Only qualm is if the cups actually swiveled... But then that would hurt the retro look.

More about the sound later, I will return within a week... If I remember that is. So far though, seems like these should be a good pair of long lasting headphones. Some you can throw around or pick up on the go. Just $27-$29 on Amazon btw.

Apr 20, 2012 at 7:44 AM Post #2 of 10
Just measured the pleather earpad diameter. Exactly 2 inches. I read somewhere on here that the Shure SRH750DJ earpads could be used to replace stock ones on the Brainwavz HM3, and since these are identical... I'd give it a try. There's space under the pad for your ears to fit, hence my 2.5 inch ears fitting. Headband's comfortable. Specs are exactly the same as Fischers or Brainwavz. Don't know about the driver, I'd have to open it up to compare, but I don't have the Brainwavz or Fischer set on hand.

Apr 26, 2012 at 4:47 AM Post #4 of 10
So currently, I'd say they are burned in enough.

To me... These headphones sound too "laid back and slow." I'd say they have a slightly dark sound, sort of warm, but still has a decent amount of detail. I wouldn't call them fun sounding headphones, like the Panasonic RP HTF600, but they're good nevertheless. Not too great on the high end, low end is slightly lacking in punch, but with a headphone amp (Fiio E6 in my case), it seemed to get a bit better. Mids are also slightly recessed.

Despite all of these cons, I still think they are killer for their $26.99 pricetag. Good build quality, GREAT comfort (just sweaty earpads but I don't mind), decent sound quality. I'd still get the Panasonic's or JVC HARX700 or JVC HAS600 over these though... I'd recommend you put in a couple more dollars.

Apr 26, 2012 at 2:12 PM Post #8 of 10

Quote:
So currently, I'd say they are burned in enough.

To me... These headphones sound too "laid back and slow." I'd say they have a slightly dark sound, sort of warm, but still has a decent amount of detail. I wouldn't call them fun sounding headphones, like the Panasonic RP HTF600, but they're good nevertheless. Not too great on the high end, low end is slightly lacking in punch, but with a headphone amp (Fiio E6 in my case), it seemed to get a bit better. Mids are also slightly recessed.

Despite all of these cons, I still think they are killer for their $26.99 pricetag. Good build quality, GREAT comfort (just sweaty earpads but I don't mind), decent sound quality. I'd still get the Panasonic's or JVC HARX700 or JVC HAS600 over these though... I'd recommend you put in a couple more dollars.

Oh wow. Sound quality has increased GREATLY when I stopped connecting them to my laptop. I guess my stock soundcard just sucks that bad. I connected this to my Sansa Clip and it sounds stunning. A LOT MORE DETAIL! Mids aren't as recessed, vocals are clear, bass HAS gotten better, but is lacking punch. As I said, with an amp, it sounds much better. But damn, don't ever make the stupid newbie mistake of just connecting to your laptop and judging the headphone from there. Sorry for the bad review.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back