Really? I have an ear size of about 2.5 inches and they fit AROUND my ears, no pinching. Feels very comfortable... Just get's sweaty so quickly...
- productAudio Technica ATH-T400 Closed-Back Dynamic Monitor Headphones with 53mm Drivertagged by System, 5/29/12
- productBRAINWAVZ HM3 On-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 5/29/12
- productFischer Audio FA-004tagged by System, 5/29/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 5/29/12
- productKRK KNS8400 Studio Headphonestagged by System, 5/29/12
- categoryOn Eartagged by System, 5/29/12
- productSennheiser HD 25-1 II Professional Headphonetagged by System, 5/29/12
Related Forum Threads
- Headphones With NO Leakage Last post on 11/7/12 at 4:05pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- headphones for under £250 Last post on 10/30/12 at 6:54am in Headphones (full-size)
- Portable closed full size headphones for beginner 250$ Last post on 9/19/12 at 3:42am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Headphones for about $200 Last post on 9/14/12 at 8:55pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Need advise about on ear headphones Last post on 9/9/12 at 10:11am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 8/29/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Not too much to say here other than that these headphones are stellar! I mostly listen to my vinyl collection with these bad boys and it's an absolute joy. I purchased an external amp to power them...
Man are these awesome , they're cheap..but as all Beyers they sound fu**** awesome , these are clean , fun and dynamic , they sound excellent Let me preface this by telling this...
This is actually the first "over-head" headphone i ever bought, but compared to my philips and LG tone+ this one is a lot more for 70$, i mainly use it on my gaming rig with sound card...
Ok we'll these were my first over ear headphones I fell in love with and there's plenty of reasons for that, I'll talk about the durability, comfort level and mind blowing bass first -...
My video review for those interested: The VS3S is a VSONIC’s latest earphone, and they have made a big claim. That is that these VS3S as well as their brother VSD3(at the current price of...
Initial Impressions: Brainwavz HM3 - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 254/23/12 at 8:07pmQuote:
Don't have any suggestions for other headphones, but different pads made them super comfy for me. I use the Shure DJ750 replacement pads, and have never looked back.post #18 of 255/28/12 at 11:09pmpost #19 of 257/12/12 at 10:43pm
just got a pair for 63 usd, factoring in shipping here. not bad. need to burn them in though, and while it can be driven by a portable, an amp just seems necessary as i had to turn my volume way up just to get it sounding where i need them to be. wish we had it on sale here for around 40 usd, but im still happy with the signature.post #20 of 257/22/12 at 1:58ampost #21 of 257/22/12 at 7:50amQuote:
The sound is exactly the same to my ears and I own both. I actually like the pads on the Incipio's better but I still prefer them with the more comfortable Shure DJ750 replacement pads. You get an extra set of ear pads and a nicer box with the Brainwavz, but the Incipio's come with a small microfiber-like pouch.post #22 of 257/26/12 at 1:28pm
It has been quoted many times that the Incipio F38, the Brainwavz HM3, and the Fischer FA-003? Or 004 I don't recall the number but they're all the same (same sound) albeit they may have different accessories or cords (coiled vs uncoiled).
Incipio F38 seems the cheapest made to me, nearly no accessories, you'd have to buy your own Shure SRH750DJ earpads to make it comfier.
I'd go with the Brainwavz HM3. They seem better built and they come with an extra set of earpads by themselves. The Shure earpads are about 15-20 bucks so it adds up to nearly about the same ^^
Hope this helps. If you're looking for how they actually SOUND LIKE instead of how they compare to each other, then look for some other thread because as I have stated and many others have stated, these three are identical.post #23 of 255/2/13 at 11:00ampost #24 of 255/2/13 at 11:13amQuote:
I don't think I'll call it an upgrade, to me it's more of a side grade. I do like my HM3 but I haven't use it in months, but my portapro still get plenty of use.post #25 of 255/2/13 at 11:35am
I see. I love my Porta Pros too but it's been a while since I had full sized (closed type) headphones and this is why the HM3s attracted my attention. They do seem also well-built while they are not pricey at the same time but if I'm not going to get better/upgraded sound quality compared to what I'm getting from my Porta Pros, it might be better to look in another direction. Thanks for the input mate! Really appreciate it.
- Initial Impressions: Brainwavz HM3
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › FiiO X1, the new start of the high-res DAP with individual DAC and... 19 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners 1 minute ago
- › The new IEM of Vsonic VSD 3S ( impression updated by smailbz) 2 minutes ago
- › High-End Earbuds (Dasetn, Tingo, Blox, Yuin etc) and Earbud Gear... 2 minutes ago
- › WTB: LCD-2 w/Fazor 2 minutes ago
- › Audiophile cables, an interesting question. 3 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 4 minutes ago
- › The AKG K550 Appreciation/Discussion Thread! 4 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 5 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic DT 880 Pro 250 OHM Semi-open reference headphone by WavyGravy1
- › Beyerdynamic DTX 710 Trendline Stereo Headphone by MrTechAgent
- › Marshall Headphones - 'Major' Over Ear (Black) by Kordz
- › Sony MDR-XB500 40mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphones by 12cc2
- › VSONIC VSD3S Black High Fidelity Professional Quality Stereo... by Tom22
- › AKG K 550 by QBoQBo
- › HiFiMAN HE-400i by smellyfungus
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog (T50RP Mod) by hans030390
- › Fostex TH 900 by archeryc
- › Garage1217 Project Polaris by Asr
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)