Really? I have an ear size of about 2.5 inches and they fit AROUND my ears, no pinching. Feels very comfortable... Just get's sweaty so quickly...
- productAudio Technica ATH-T400 Closed-Back Dynamic Monitor Headphones with 53mm Drivertagged by System, 5/29/12
- productBRAINWAVZ HM3 On-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 5/29/12
- productFischer Audio FA-004tagged by System, 5/29/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 5/29/12
- productKRK KNS8400 Studio Headphonestagged by System, 5/29/12
- categoryOn Eartagged by System, 5/29/12
- productSennheiser HD 25-1 II Professional Headphonetagged by System, 5/29/12
Related Forum Threads
- Headphones With NO Leakage Last post on 11/7/12 at 4:05pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- headphones for under £250 Last post on 10/30/12 at 6:54am in Headphones (full-size)
- Portable closed full size headphones for beginner 250$ Last post on 9/19/12 at 3:42am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Headphones for about $200 Last post on 9/14/12 at 8:55pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Need advise about on ear headphones Last post on 9/9/12 at 10:11am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Introduction Oriveti seems to be a rather obscure company, without any big breaks or long-running hype trains. They offer a single model that seems to be highly regarded, but hasn't really...
Background: The Audio-Technica CK10 is a dual BA IEM that was released in 2008, back then in those simpler times, CIEMs were a highly niche market, three BA drivers per ear was considered a lot,...
Focal Utopia Review Utopia - definition: An imagined state of things in which everything is perfect. My initial intention was just to write some detailed impressions, but throughout that...
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual imagesINTRODUCTIONFirstly I'd like to acknowledge Head-fier Ajaxander (Andy) and also Ken Ball from ALO/Campfire...
Initial Impressions: Brainwavz HM3 - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 254/23/12 at 8:07pmQuote:
Don't have any suggestions for other headphones, but different pads made them super comfy for me. I use the Shure DJ750 replacement pads, and have never looked back.post #18 of 255/28/12 at 11:09pmpost #19 of 257/12/12 at 10:43pm
just got a pair for 63 usd, factoring in shipping here. not bad. need to burn them in though, and while it can be driven by a portable, an amp just seems necessary as i had to turn my volume way up just to get it sounding where i need them to be. wish we had it on sale here for around 40 usd, but im still happy with the signature.post #20 of 257/22/12 at 1:58ampost #21 of 257/22/12 at 7:50amQuote:
The sound is exactly the same to my ears and I own both. I actually like the pads on the Incipio's better but I still prefer them with the more comfortable Shure DJ750 replacement pads. You get an extra set of ear pads and a nicer box with the Brainwavz, but the Incipio's come with a small microfiber-like pouch.post #22 of 257/26/12 at 1:28pmpost #23 of 255/2/13 at 11:00ampost #24 of 255/2/13 at 11:13amQuote:
I don't think I'll call it an upgrade, to me it's more of a side grade. I do like my HM3 but I haven't use it in months, but my portapro still get plenty of use.post #25 of 255/2/13 at 11:35am
I see. I love my Porta Pros too but it's been a while since I had full sized (closed type) headphones and this is why the HM3s attracted my attention. They do seem also well-built while they are not pricey at the same time but if I'm not going to get better/upgraded sound quality compared to what I'm getting from my Porta Pros, it might be better to look in another direction. Thanks for the input mate! Really appreciate it.
- Initial Impressions: Brainwavz HM3
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Review: Questyle Audio QP1R - With Multiple Headphone and IEM... 13 seconds ago
- › The DIY'rs Cookbook 29 seconds ago
- › Chord Mojo - The Official Thread .☆*¨*★. Please READ the 3rd... 2 minutes ago
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 2 minutes ago
- › Toslink crackling, USB vs toslink, & motherboard interference? 2 minutes ago
- › Best Smartphone for audiophile 2 minutes ago
- › Orthodynamic Roundup 3 minutes ago
- › Denon D2000/D5000, MD2000/MD5000 Thread! 3 minutes ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up 4 minutes ago
- › Trafomatic Experience Head One 6 minutes ago
- › RHA MA750i by meetpatel3686
- › ORIVETI PRIMACY - Whole Aluminium Body, Triple Drivers Hybrid 2... by ustinj
- › Audio-Technica ATH-CK10 Portable In-Ear Headphones by mrstrangeguy
- › Focal Utopia by x RELIC x
- › Campfire Audio Nova by Brooko
- › Flare Audio R1 Headphones by Mr Vicarious
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by greencalx
- › Advanced AcousticWerkes Q by ustinj
- › Asius Technologies ADEL™ G1 Auto Modules by Ike1985
- › AAW Nebula Two Hybrid In-Ear Monitor by tz0531
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...