Really? I have an ear size of about 2.5 inches and they fit AROUND my ears, no pinching. Feels very comfortable... Just get's sweaty so quickly...
- productAudio Technica ATH-T400 Closed-Back Dynamic Monitor Headphones with 53mm Drivertagged by System, 5/29/12
- productBRAINWAVZ HM3 On-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 5/29/12
- productFischer Audio FA-004tagged by System, 5/29/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 5/29/12
- productKRK KNS8400 Studio Headphonestagged by System, 5/29/12
- categoryOn Eartagged by System, 5/29/12
- productSennheiser HD 25-1 II Professional Headphonetagged by System, 5/29/12
Related Forum Threads
- Headphones With NO Leakage Last post on 11/7/12 at 4:05pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- headphones for under £250 Last post on 10/30/12 at 6:54am in Headphones (full-size)
- Portable closed full size headphones for beginner 250$ Last post on 9/19/12 at 3:42am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Headphones for about $200 Last post on 9/14/12 at 8:55pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Need advise about on ear headphones Last post on 9/9/12 at 10:11am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 11/28/16
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
At the time this review was written, the Oriveti NEW Primacy was listed for sale on Amazon’s website. Here is a link to their listing of the...
Accutone is a company that specializes in hands-free communications solutions but they've taken their experience and expertise and used it to create a series of consumer earphones. From their...
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual imagesINTRODUCTIONThis is the 2nd pair of IEMs sent to me for evaluation recently by FiiO. You can find my...
Unboxing This package came in an unassuming black box with the branding directly on the front. Opening it reveals the very nice semi-hard case that stores the earphones. Opening the case...
Intro I wanted to start this review off with a Swiss Army knife joke but it looks like several Head-Fiers have already did that so in a futile attempt to be both funny and original I’ll start off...
Initial Impressions: Brainwavz HM3 - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 254/23/12 at 8:07pmQuote:
Don't have any suggestions for other headphones, but different pads made them super comfy for me. I use the Shure DJ750 replacement pads, and have never looked back.post #18 of 255/28/12 at 11:09pmpost #19 of 257/12/12 at 10:43pm
just got a pair for 63 usd, factoring in shipping here. not bad. need to burn them in though, and while it can be driven by a portable, an amp just seems necessary as i had to turn my volume way up just to get it sounding where i need them to be. wish we had it on sale here for around 40 usd, but im still happy with the signature.post #20 of 257/22/12 at 1:58ampost #21 of 257/22/12 at 7:50amQuote:
The sound is exactly the same to my ears and I own both. I actually like the pads on the Incipio's better but I still prefer them with the more comfortable Shure DJ750 replacement pads. You get an extra set of ear pads and a nicer box with the Brainwavz, but the Incipio's come with a small microfiber-like pouch.post #22 of 257/26/12 at 1:28pmpost #23 of 255/2/13 at 11:00ampost #24 of 255/2/13 at 11:13amQuote:
I don't think I'll call it an upgrade, to me it's more of a side grade. I do like my HM3 but I haven't use it in months, but my portapro still get plenty of use.post #25 of 255/2/13 at 11:35am
I see. I love my Porta Pros too but it's been a while since I had full sized (closed type) headphones and this is why the HM3s attracted my attention. They do seem also well-built while they are not pricey at the same time but if I'm not going to get better/upgraded sound quality compared to what I'm getting from my Porta Pros, it might be better to look in another direction. Thanks for the input mate! Really appreciate it.
- Initial Impressions: Brainwavz HM3
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Valhalla 2 review coming soon! 10 seconds ago
- › New Audeze LCD3 28 seconds ago
- › DENAFRIPS 'ARES' R2R discrete ladder DAC - close up view 1 minute ago
- › Absolute best budget earbuds? 2 minutes ago
- › DIY Cable Questions and Comments Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up 3 minutes ago
- › DX200 Details, features and specifications 1st page. With WiFi and... 4 minutes ago
- › NEW 2015 - HIFIMAN HE400S 4 minutes ago
- › Songs that make us bust a move! 5 minutes ago
- › Focal Utopia (& a little Elear) impressions and discussion 6 minutes ago
- › ORIVETI NEW PRIMACY - Premium Triple Driver Hybrid HiFi IEM Headphones by Hisoundfi
- › Accutone Gemini HD by crabdog
- › FiiO F3 Dynamic In-Ear Monitors by Brooko
- › ADV.Sound EVO X by chompchomps
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by Yethal
- › Cayin i5 by piksnz
- › Empire Ears Zeus by ejong7
- › Cosmic Ears CE6P by fluffyberry
- › HIFIMAN SuperMini High-Res Portable Player by tenedosian
- › Sennheiser HD 800 S by Dobrescu George
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear