Really? I have an ear size of about 2.5 inches and they fit AROUND my ears, no pinching. Feels very comfortable... Just get's sweaty so quickly...
- productAudio Technica ATH-T400 Closed-Back Dynamic Monitor Headphones with 53mm Drivertagged by System, 5/29/12
- productBRAINWAVZ HM3 On-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 5/29/12
- productFischer Audio FA-004tagged by System, 5/29/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 5/29/12
- productKRK KNS8400 Studio Headphonestagged by System, 5/29/12
- categoryOn Eartagged by System, 5/29/12
- productSennheiser HD 25-1 II Professional Headphonetagged by System, 5/29/12
Related Forum Threads
- Headphones With NO Leakage Last post on 11/7/12 at 4:05pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- headphones for under £250 Last post on 10/30/12 at 6:54am in Headphones (full-size)
- Portable closed full size headphones for beginner 250$ Last post on 9/19/12 at 3:42am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Headphones for about $200 Last post on 9/14/12 at 8:55pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Need advise about on ear headphones Last post on 9/9/12 at 10:11am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
This is a very comfortable headphone (not ideally so, but close enough) and once you get used to the clap force, you barely notice it's on. The sound quality is amazing. I have compared this...
First of all, thank you to @ejong7 for arranging for me to be included in this review tour. I am in no way affiliated with Obravo or any retailer. I am head-fi hobbyist and music lover...
Where do I start? These honestly sound like the HD600/650 in IEM form. My previous go to IEM was the Klipsch X10 ($100), followed by the Klipsch X20i ($539). What is amazing, is that the RE-400...
I want to thank the MezeTeam over at Head Fi for allowing me the chance to review the 99 Classics as part of their Tour. You can purchase the 99 Classics in three colors right from their...
Disclaimer: I received this earphone for free from the manufacturers. I did my best not to let that color my opinion on the product, but my impressions may not be entirely without bias. Shozy...
Initial Impressions: Brainwavz HM3 - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 254/23/12 at 8:07pmQuote:
Don't have any suggestions for other headphones, but different pads made them super comfy for me. I use the Shure DJ750 replacement pads, and have never looked back.post #18 of 255/28/12 at 11:09pmpost #19 of 257/12/12 at 10:43pm
just got a pair for 63 usd, factoring in shipping here. not bad. need to burn them in though, and while it can be driven by a portable, an amp just seems necessary as i had to turn my volume way up just to get it sounding where i need them to be. wish we had it on sale here for around 40 usd, but im still happy with the signature.post #20 of 257/22/12 at 1:58ampost #21 of 257/22/12 at 7:50amQuote:
The sound is exactly the same to my ears and I own both. I actually like the pads on the Incipio's better but I still prefer them with the more comfortable Shure DJ750 replacement pads. You get an extra set of ear pads and a nicer box with the Brainwavz, but the Incipio's come with a small microfiber-like pouch.post #22 of 257/26/12 at 1:28pmpost #23 of 255/2/13 at 11:00ampost #24 of 255/2/13 at 11:13amQuote:
I don't think I'll call it an upgrade, to me it's more of a side grade. I do like my HM3 but I haven't use it in months, but my portapro still get plenty of use.post #25 of 255/2/13 at 11:35am
I see. I love my Porta Pros too but it's been a while since I had full sized (closed type) headphones and this is why the HM3s attracted my attention. They do seem also well-built while they are not pricey at the same time but if I'm not going to get better/upgraded sound quality compared to what I'm getting from my Porta Pros, it might be better to look in another direction. Thanks for the input mate! Really appreciate it.
- Initial Impressions: Brainwavz HM3
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Sennheiser IE800 IEM's 20 seconds ago
- › Campfire Audio - Introducing 2 new models Hello Andromeda and Nova 31 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Monk & Monk Plus: a $5 earbud that taking... 1 minute ago
- › Three Word Story 1 minute ago
- › Looking for the correct digital cable to connect a Fiio X-5 to a... 1 minute ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 2 minutes ago
- › How do I rip the tunes from a DVD Video? 2 minutes ago
- › Cheap headphones for watching videos in a noisy environnement 3 minutes ago
- › Luxury and Precision - Crowdfunding Promotion on the L3 Digital... 3 minutes ago
- › Emotiva Stealth DC-1 | Balanced 24/192 Fully Differential DAC by JoeDoe
- › Sennheiser PX 100-II Supra-Aural Mini Headphones - Black by MorrisL
- › oBravo ERIB-2a by Krisman
- › HiFiMAN RE-400 by achelgeson
- › Meze 99 Classics by Mshenay
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by C.C.S.
- › Effect Audio Leonidas by MikePortnoy
- › Brainwavz BLU-200 by DynamikeB
- › Marantz HD- DAC1High Definition USB DAC / Headphone Amp by Gamergtx260
- › Fidue A91 Sirius by flinkenick
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...