Really? I have an ear size of about 2.5 inches and they fit AROUND my ears, no pinching. Feels very comfortable... Just get's sweaty so quickly...
- productAudio Technica ATH-T400 Closed-Back Dynamic Monitor Headphones with 53mm Drivertagged by System, 5/29/12
- productBRAINWAVZ HM3 On-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 5/29/12
- productFischer Audio FA-004tagged by System, 5/29/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 5/29/12
- productKRK KNS8400 Studio Headphonestagged by System, 5/29/12
- categoryOn Eartagged by System, 5/29/12
- productSennheiser HD 25-1 II Professional Headphonetagged by System, 5/29/12
Related Forum Threads
- Headphones With NO Leakage Last post on 11/7/12 at 4:05pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- headphones for under £250 Last post on 10/30/12 at 6:54am in Headphones (full-size)
- Portable closed full size headphones for beginner 250$ Last post on 9/19/12 at 3:42am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Headphones for about $200 Last post on 9/14/12 at 8:55pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Need advise about on ear headphones Last post on 9/9/12 at 10:11am in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/5/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/19/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Over-Ear)Last edited: 5/13/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
Remember Edifier? The company that now owns Stax? I recently covered their e10 Exclaim desktop speakers and found them rather impressive for just $99. While making a nice budget speaker is...
This is my first review, so please bear with me if I'm not particularly clear. 1) This is a headphones that takes time to appreciate 2) 1/2 star for the sound quality, 4&1/2 star for getting...
The AH-D7100's immediately became my go-to headphones for daily use since the day I purchased them three weeks ago. They sound much fuller compared to my Beyerdynamic T5P's and produce high sound...
You get what you see. Nothing extra. CNT or "Carbon nano tube" diaphrams/drivers were developed by the Chinese (I studied this) and J.V.C was the first to mass produce it in their...
I could not recommend these headphones more, they sound better than anything else i have had the opportunity to listen to for more than five minutes. They take the best parts of the headphones i...
Initial Impressions: Brainwavz HM3 - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 254/23/12 at 8:07pmQuote:
Don't have any suggestions for other headphones, but different pads made them super comfy for me. I use the Shure DJ750 replacement pads, and have never looked back.post #18 of 255/28/12 at 11:09pmpost #19 of 257/12/12 at 10:43pm
just got a pair for 63 usd, factoring in shipping here. not bad. need to burn them in though, and while it can be driven by a portable, an amp just seems necessary as i had to turn my volume way up just to get it sounding where i need them to be. wish we had it on sale here for around 40 usd, but im still happy with the signature.post #20 of 257/22/12 at 1:58ampost #21 of 257/22/12 at 7:50amQuote:
The sound is exactly the same to my ears and I own both. I actually like the pads on the Incipio's better but I still prefer them with the more comfortable Shure DJ750 replacement pads. You get an extra set of ear pads and a nicer box with the Brainwavz, but the Incipio's come with a small microfiber-like pouch.post #22 of 257/26/12 at 1:28pm
It has been quoted many times that the Incipio F38, the Brainwavz HM3, and the Fischer FA-003? Or 004 I don't recall the number but they're all the same (same sound) albeit they may have different accessories or cords (coiled vs uncoiled).
Incipio F38 seems the cheapest made to me, nearly no accessories, you'd have to buy your own Shure SRH750DJ earpads to make it comfier.
I'd go with the Brainwavz HM3. They seem better built and they come with an extra set of earpads by themselves. The Shure earpads are about 15-20 bucks so it adds up to nearly about the same ^^
Hope this helps. If you're looking for how they actually SOUND LIKE instead of how they compare to each other, then look for some other thread because as I have stated and many others have stated, these three are identical.post #23 of 255/2/13 at 11:00ampost #24 of 255/2/13 at 11:13amQuote:
I don't think I'll call it an upgrade, to me it's more of a side grade. I do like my HM3 but I haven't use it in months, but my portapro still get plenty of use.post #25 of 255/2/13 at 11:35am
I see. I love my Porta Pros too but it's been a while since I had full sized (closed type) headphones and this is why the HM3s attracted my attention. They do seem also well-built while they are not pricey at the same time but if I'm not going to get better/upgraded sound quality compared to what I'm getting from my Porta Pros, it might be better to look in another direction. Thanks for the input mate! Really appreciate it.
- Initial Impressions: Brainwavz HM3
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Audeze LCD-2 Rev.2 + Macromolecule Double Helix 7 seconds ago
- › **MrSpeakers Mad Dog: Impressions and Discussion Thread** 9 seconds ago
- › Brand new here, really inexperienced in headphones. 28 seconds ago
- › iFi iPurifier and/or Ultra Fi Aubisque USB Filter 1 minute ago
- › VSonic VSD1/VSD1S Reviews/Impression Thread 1 minute ago
- › 8 years ago . . . 3 minutes ago
- › Frequencies, Hertz-es, Ohm-ses..tired of them ? Visit the FUN... 3 minutes ago
- › Crack;Bottlehead OTL 3 minutes ago
- › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.2.8 6 minutes ago
- › iBasso dx50 7 minutes ago
- › Edifier USA Spinnaker Media Speaker System (Black) by project86
- › Aftershokz Sportz M2 AS320 Open Ear Sports Headphones by sensible
- › Denon AH-D7100 Music Maniac by sjp3003
- › JVC Kenwood Victer stereo headphones HA-SZ2000 japan import by Hawaiibadboy
- › PSB M4U 1 by yay101
- › SONY Stereo headphones black MDR-1RMK2/B by Nec3
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50S by turbomustang84
- › Superlux HD669 by mang0
- › IFI Gemini usb cable by turo91
- › Sony Over-Ear Headphones - MDR-10R by a_recording
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude