Incipio f38 vs Superlux HD681
Aug 19, 2013 at 11:06 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

Litmus2336

New Head-Fier
Hello, I'm currently trying to find a cheapish closed-ear headset, and I've come to the conclusion that either the Incipio f38 or the HD681 seem to be the best choice for me. I was hoping to ask for some advice on them, however, as I can't seem to decide which one I prefer. For me looks and size are not a huge issue, as I will most likely just be using these in my house. I would prefer isolation to non-isolation, but it's not a huge issue.

My musical tastes are a bit varied. My favorite band is Tool, but I listen to a fair amount of metal/rock and also industrial/EBM music like Front Line Assembly and VNV Nation. Thus I don't feel I can skimp on treble, bass or mid. I'd like a headset with a decent amount of bass kick, and clarity on high notes (something my current Oblanc headset can't provide) would be nice.

Overall I'd like a balanced headset that manages to provide good sound, with durability/looks being secondary concerns to me as they'll never leave the house. 

I really don't have much experience choosing remotely high quality headphones, so if people could offer some guidance I'd definitely appreciate it.

Thanks in advance!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back