In this thread, you'll list he headphone you wish you had never bought and why
Aug 21, 2002 at 6:36 AM Post #32 of 39
I wish I never came across that SONY MDR-G61. I was young and dumb, and fell for cool looks. The wretched thing *cuts* your ears, and hurts your eardrums as well. Bad, bad sound.
rolleyes.gif

Nevertheless, once I came across the KSC-35 some years ago I learned that not everything with an earclip sucks by definition
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 22, 2002 at 12:56 PM Post #33 of 39
I bought Sony MDR-CD480 for 70$. They are horrible. Used them a few hours. Went back to HD600. A few month later i tried the Sonys again. Couldn't stand more than a hour. I don't remember now how they sounded.

I bought some cheap JVC headphones for 40$. After an hour i put them back into the box. Never listen to them again. A few months later i gave them to a friend. Sounded like a telephone. Was not designed for human ears.

Aug 22, 2002 at 6:01 PM Post #34 of 39
Quote:

Sounded like a telephone. Was not designed for human ears.

Have your pets been running up the phone bill again?
biggrin.gif

Aug 23, 2002 at 8:01 AM Post #35 of 39
Sennheiser HD560II -- based on Headroom's description (best for bass lovers)...bleagh! Bass is bloated, boomy, and overwhelming.

Aug 23, 2002 at 7:03 PM Post #36 of 39
!Hola Francisco! ¿Qué onda? Good to see you back. The worst headphones for me would be some vertical buds made by ATH. I was hoping they would be a cheap substitute por my NOVA-16's, but didn't sound as good. And the Koss Plugs, I got a bunch of them and tried al sorts of mods trying to get them to sound rigth and nothing ever worked. Sometimes I would just waste them and then get another pair, and another, and another. I must have spent on them enough moolah to get decent sealed cans. Silly me.

Aug 26, 2002 at 3:36 AM Post #38 of 39
koss KSC-50... were not even comparable to KSC-35's, it's like holding your headphones away from your ears.

Aug 26, 2002 at 5:04 AM Post #39 of 39
Philips HP890-for obvious reasons

Grado SR80-started this whole headphone thing for me...again

Stax SR-44D-I tweaked them until I killed them...I feel guilty now.

Beyer 931-What was I thinking?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back