IN SERIOUS NEED FOR HELP WITH EQUALIZING
Aug 25, 2013 at 5:14 PM Post #16 of 18
     There has been a change in the plot..... after listening almost exclusively to the UE6000 for a while I tried the Grado again today, aaaaaaaaaand now I find them to be too bright. Will I ever be satisfied?

Aug 25, 2013 at 5:18 PM Post #17 of 18
     There has been a change in the plot..... after listening almost exclusively to the UE6000 for a while I tried the Grado again today, aaaaaaaaaand now I find them to be too bright. Will I ever be satisfied?

Nope. Sorry :wink:

What you've learned is that psychologically, we adjust to the tonal sound signature of headphones/speakers. This is one reason I think Klipsch home audio speakers are so popular. They are bright, very forward sounding. So when people compare them other speakers in a store, they like them better because they over power more laid back neutral speakers. But if someone were to take time with the more neutral laid back ones, they find that they actually like them better.

Aug 26, 2013 at 3:13 PM Post #18 of 18
Quote:
Nope. Sorry
wink.gif

What you've learned is that psychologically, we adjust to the tonal sound signature of headphones/speakers. This is one reason I think Klipsch home audio speakers are so popular. They are bright, very forward sounding. So when people compare them other speakers in a store, they like them better because they over power more laid back neutral speakers. But if someone were to take time with the more neutral laid back ones, they find that they actually like them better.

Yeah thats a good explanation of it. I've never been a big fan of Klipsch speakers. I'm not as big into all of the speakers as I am headphones. But I do have a half decent home system. When I look at speakers I prefer older vintage models.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back