In search of car-fi nirvana
Jul 12, 2013 at 7:44 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

DannyBuoy

100+ Head-Fier
I am having a lot of trouble getting my Pandora to work regularly on my Alpine BT-147 with built-in Pandora support through my phones BT connection (Phone is Motorola Atrix HD with Android 4.1.1).

The issue is that the Pandora does not work over BT well. I can get Amazon MP3 to work, and the phone functions work fine.

So I started thinking of how to build something that would be the ultimate Pandora music server for my car. I have lots of DIY computer parts like two raspberry Pi's, a couple Arduino (Mega, and 328), Netduino (.NET version of Arduino), and many, many motherboards, CPU's, etc.

I need to connect to Pandora over internet so I will need either a mobile hotspot like MyFi or use my phone's tethering, but I am not sure what BT stack or dongle to use that will pair best with the Alpine receiver because I believe the main issue I have is a crappy BT stack on my phone. Rather than replace phone, I would rather make a music server that I can store in my glove box or something. I have many MicroSD cards (32 GB) and a few 2.5 inch SSD laying around.

Has anyone seen any projects similar to my needs that are addressed using anything from my parts list? Or any suggestions?

Thanks,

Dan

Users who are viewing this thread

Back