In Need of Studio Headphone Advice :)
May 9, 2013 at 8:50 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

TheKid

New Head-Fier
Hey Guys,
First time poster, long time reader. I have been searching for an neutral monitoring, mixing, mastering headphones solution for an home studio. At this point in time, I am unable to get my hands on some decent monitors, so a pair of accurate monitor headphones and amp (?) will do for now. I am producing House, Dance, EDM music from my MacBook. After countless hours of research and comparing monitor headphones I have come up with the following 3 headphones:
Beyerdynamic DT770 
Beyerdynamic DT880 
Beyerdynamic DT990 

However, with these headphones I am unsure which ohm version I should buy with the chosen pair. In additon, I am also unsure about which amplifier I should purchase. Long story, short.. I am looking for recommendations for which Beyerdynamic DT Heaphone, OHM Version and Amplifier I should purchase for my home studio to best allow me to produce EDM music. But, if there is a better Studio Monitor Headphone that you would recommend over the Beyerdynamic's that would also be helpful. My budget is probably $500-$650 including the Headphone and Amplifier.

Thank you in advance for all your help :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back