In Need of Assistance Please!! OCD Has Kicked In & My Headphone Collection Is Getting Out of Control!!
Jan 25, 2013 at 10:50 PM Post #31 of 45
Quote:
Send them all to me....

All joking aside, pick a couple of genres you really like. Then pick out your favorite headphones for listening to each genre. Sell all of your other headphones. Then, either get off the upgrade treadmill, and pocket the money from selling them, or spend that money on either getting more gear (sources, dacs, amps, etc) or find a new pair of headphones. Audition it either in a store or at a meet first. Make sure it is your absolute favorite. Buy it. Sell your old cans. Spend that money on more gear....

:wink: Thanks for the feedback Ender..

I was able to sell more headphones today.. & in return I scored (@ a great price) the Grado rs2i & the Senn. Momentums.  I have 3 more cans that I am intent on selling.. & I have maybe 1 more can that I would like to buy (preferably a portable with kick-*ss base).

Many to choose from but which will be the best?:  Audio Technica ATH-ESW9, ATH-ES10,  ATH-M50, Denon AH-D1100, Ultrasone HFI-450, Pro 900... 

I'd appreciate & am open to any/all suggestions..

Enjoy the remainder of your evening!

Jan 25, 2013 at 10:50 PM Post #32 of 45
Quote:
Quote:
Wow man, nice! I'm trying to get my dad to sell his Beats and get MDR-1R's, so they are easy to sell? Good, I'll tell him later
size]

I sold my beats to co-workers.  They seem to think that beats are the "hot" headphones to own... go figure.  Their ignorance is my gain ;x *oops did I just type that*  (apologies I've been sipping red wine...)  

Suggest to your Dad that he put them on eBay.  In the advertisement use the word "authentic"..  If the asking price is right, they should sell right away...

Oh & by the way..Wolfe-I'm a Girl.. not a guy :wink:

Have a good night!

Haha, my fault. How much to sell for you think?

Jan 25, 2013 at 10:58 PM Post #33 of 45
Quote:
Haha, my fault. How much to sell for you think?

It depends on how long he's had them & what condition their in.  They are the Studio Beats right?  You may want to go on eBay & see what they're going for.  Then decide from there.  I wanted to get rid of them & although they were in mint condition, I sold them for $150.00 & $140.00.  

Please keep me informed how you make out...
Have a great weekend!

Jan 25, 2013 at 11:06 PM Post #34 of 45
Quote:
Send them all to me....

All joking aside, pick a couple of genres you really like. Then pick out your favorite headphones for listening to each genre. Sell all of your other headphones. Then, either get off the upgrade treadmill, and pocket the money from selling them, or spend that money on either getting more gear (sources, dacs, amps, etc) or find a new pair of headphones. Audition it either in a store or at a meet first. Make sure it is your absolute favorite. Buy it. Sell your old cans. Spend that money on more gear....

Quote:

:wink: Thanks for the feedback Ender..

I was able to sell more headphones today.. & in return I scored (@ a great price) the Grado rs2i & the Senn. Momentums.  I have 3 more cans that I am intent on selling.. & I have maybe 1 more can that I would like to buy (preferably a portable with kick-*ss base).

Many to choose from but which will be the best?:  Audio Technica ATH-ESW9, ATH-ES10,  ATH-M50, Denon AH-D1100, Ultrasone HFI-450, Pro 900... 

I'd appreciate & am open to any/all suggestions..

Enjoy the remainder of your evening!

It was suggested that I check out the Denon AH-D1001.. it's supposed to be even better than the AH-D1100... Looking forward to checking them out!

Jan 25, 2013 at 11:21 PM Post #35 of 45
The M50, D1100, and HFI450 are all downgrades to what you've had. The PRO900 might be too bright for you (They were for me, but if you don't mind trying to mod them, there are ways to make them less bright). I like the ESW9 a good deal, and I thought they took what was nice with the P5 and improved on it, but with a bit less bass. Haven't heard the ES10, but I kind of want a pair.

Also, don't sell the gift headphones. That's not very nice. Especially the Detoxes since those are silly expensive (well, in relative terms).

EDIT: Oh, if you have a pair of Momentums, the ESW9 would be a bit too close. The ESW9s do have much more romantic mids, going from memory, but everything else was a bit of a downgrade. 

Honestly, you have all your bases covered if you're keeping the Detoxes. 

I could also be crude and tell you to trade something for my oddly bassy Beyerdynamic T50Ps. 
tongue_smile.gif

Jan 26, 2013 at 6:55 AM Post #36 of 45
How do you like your new 'phones then?

And isn't your m80 bassy enough?

Jan 26, 2013 at 8:03 AM Post #37 of 45
Quote:
How do you like your new 'phones then?

And isn't your m80 bassy enough?

I haven't had a chance to really get into them yet... but I will let you know.

I think you know how I feel about my m80's.. I've expressed how much I love them.  I just feel like something is missing.

m80
beyerdynamic dt1350
senn momentums
grado rs2i
p5 (B&W)
beats pro detox (which I never listen to because they feel too heavy when I wear them)
klipsch m40 (may get stuck with these)

I enjoy the top 5 listed... the bottom 2 give me the blues.
Maybe nothing else is needed & yet I feel like something is missing that will make me feel that the collection is complete!

Jan 26, 2013 at 8:14 AM Post #38 of 45
Quote:
The M50, D1100, and HFI450 are all downgrades to what you've had. The PRO900 might be too bright for you (They were for me, but if you don't mind trying to mod them, there are ways to make them less bright). I like the ESW9 a good deal, and I thought they took what was nice with the P5 and improved on it, but with a bit less bass. Haven't heard the ES10, but I kind of want a pair.

Also, don't sell the gift headphones. That's not very nice. Especially the Detoxes since those are silly expensive (well, in relative terms).

EDIT: Oh, if you have a pair of Momentums, the ESW9 would be a bit too close. The ESW9s do have much more romantic mids, going from memory, but everything else was a bit of a downgrade. 

I could also be crude and tell you to trade something for my oddly bassy Beyerdynamic T50Ps. 
tongue_smile.gif

Thank you for replying & for your suggestions:

I haven't experienced any of the headphones on my "want list."  I appreciate your input especially since you are familiar with a few of them.  

To David's point (listed above) I may not be in need of anything.  I will continue checking around & listening to what I currently own to be sure.

I am intrigued by Audio Technica's so I intend to start there this weekend...

Thanks again.. keep you posted!

Jan 26, 2013 at 8:47 AM Post #39 of 45
The only thing you really need is a great home rig :p
But that is not an option...

Jan 26, 2013 at 6:14 PM Post #40 of 45
Quote:

tongue_smile.gif

Ishca... To your knowledge, is there a ESW9 & a ESW9A?  

Jan 26, 2013 at 7:38 PM Post #41 of 45
Quote:

Ishca... To your knowledge, is there a ESW9 & a ESW9A?  

From what I can tell, their isn't much of a difference (if any. Pictures are the same, descriptions are the same...Only the ESW9A on Audio Technica's website, though.

Jan 26, 2013 at 8:01 PM Post #42 of 45
The A is made of Paduak wood while the non-A I want to say is made of a different type of wood but I'm not positive. I can't say if there's a sound difference though.

Jan 26, 2013 at 8:06 PM Post #43 of 45
If I recall, the "a" was appended to the ESW9 when sold in North America (or maybe outside Japan). Exact same headphone, just a different number. 

It's fairly common practice when selling products into different regions/markets. Makes it a pain in the tush when trying to price match things sometimes, as most places require an exact match on the product code... but I suppose that's intentional.

Jan 27, 2013 at 2:21 PM Post #45 of 45
Since purchasing the rs2i I've had a nagging feeling that I made a mistake by not purchasing the rs1i. 

I figured..there's only one way to find out.. get the rs1i & compare the two.  I can always return one of the two if need be. 
or keep both if they sound completely different...*shrug*

Clear the Editor

Users who are viewing this thread

Back