In Need of Assistance Please!! OCD Has Kicked In & My Headphone Collection Is Getting Out of Control!!
Jan 22, 2013 at 10:03 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 45

TLYFE01

New Head-Fier
I would appreciate anyone who can assist me with weeding out my headphone collection.

I currently own:

Beyer Dynamic DT 1350
Sennheiser HD 25 ii 
Parrot Zik
Beats By Dr Dre Pro (Detox Limited Edition)
Bose Q15
2  Beats By Dr Dre Studio (1 in white & 1 blk)
2  Bower & Wilkins P5 (1 Ivory & 1 blk)
2  V-Moda M80 (of course 1 blk & 1 white)
(I gather you see there's a pattern here smh)
Klipsch M40

I scored most of my headphones at great prices.  I own the E17 Amp which goes pretty well with some of the headphones I own. I was trying to be diverse in my selection but I don't think I did too well.  I now wish to buy V-Moda M100, PBS M4U 2 & possibly the Logitech UE6000.  

I would appreciate anyone who can assist me with weeding out this mess that I've created!!! 

Best Regards

Jan 22, 2013 at 10:09 PM Post #2 of 45
Get rid of
  1. Parrot Zik
  2. Both Beats Studios
  3. Beats Pro
  4. 1 P5
  5. 1 M80

Jan 23, 2013 at 4:54 AM Post #3 of 45
Thanks Wolfe!  

2 questions for you:
(If you don't mind my asking)  

What is it about the Parrot Z's that you don't like? 
Do you have any suggestions of what my next purchase should be to make my can collection better rounded?

Regards

Jan 23, 2013 at 6:08 AM Post #4 of 45
Thanks Wolfe!  

2 questions for you:

Do you have any suggestions of what my next purchase should be to make my can collection better rounded?

Regards

In addition from the previous suggestions, why not sell both M-80 and get a M-100?

I don't like the Logitech looks though

Jan 23, 2013 at 9:47 AM Post #5 of 45
I use my M80's often (like 70% of the time).  I absolutely love that they hug my ears like they were made specifically for me!  :wink:  In the summer months, rarely do I worry about "sweaty ears!"  My fear with replacing both M80's with the M100 is that I would have the "sweaty ears" problem because they cover the entire ear.

I appreciate your feedback of the headphones that I should rid myself of although I will probably keep 1 Beats Studio (purely for sentimental reasons).

I would appreciate further suggestions of cans that you think might compliment or enhance my collection (preferably no more than $1000).

Take Care & Best Regards

Jan 23, 2013 at 9:54 AM Post #6 of 45
I would also sell the Q15 unless you use them in noisy environments, and even then custom IEMs might do a better job. You're very much into V sound signature right? If you already have the HD-25 1 ii and the DT1350 I don't know what else to go for.

Jan 23, 2013 at 10:15 AM Post #7 of 45
Quote:
Thanks Wolfe!  

2 questions for you:

Regards

One can get better for $400. I'd say get a Hifiman HE-500 or Audeze LCD-2 for home listening, all you have are portables. Do you have an amp?

Jan 23, 2013 at 1:28 PM Post #10 of 45
I am always out of the house, on the go which is why I gravitate towards portable headphones.

I do own a NuForce HDP Amp which I can count on one hand the number of times I've used.  I also have a Fiio E17 Amp.

Wolfe- You never answered my question (What is it about the Parrot Zik Headphones that you dislike).  :)

Jan 23, 2013 at 5:07 PM Post #11 of 45
One can get better for $400. I'd say get a Hifiman HE-500 or Audeze LCD-2 for home listening, all you have are portables. Do you have an amp?

Jan 23, 2013 at 5:29 PM Post #12 of 45
Quote:

. I was trying to be diverse in my selection but I don't think I did too well. 

+1

bose and triple beats.....ouch. 
confused_face.gif

Jan 24, 2013 at 2:31 AM Post #14 of 45
Sell you beats and 1 of your noise cancelling 'phones, and 1 P5/ 1 v-moda. Then get yourself something real nice. Nothing to loose
biggrin.gif

If you want something portable, you could go get the mad dogs. Or maybe HE-500/400, since you seem to like slightly bassy 'phones. So many options

Jan 24, 2013 at 2:37 AM Post #15 of 45
Judging by your headphone collection, I think you'd love the Ultrasone Pro 900, the bass is great on those and they have a good following here at Head-Fi.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back