In my opinion, Shure repair service is awful
Jul 15, 2011 at 2:59 PM Post #76 of 108

Quote:
I dont find it unreasonable to be upset about this, nor do i see a problem calling Shure's service bad. I do understand that my item was OOW, not very far though. However, for a top of the line IEM to be replaced for a mere cable housing problem is insane.

Whatever, it is what it is....

I sent them back with a note saying "thanks for raping me cause of my cable housing"

I fully expect for them to show that to someone higher up. I dont care really, i paid my $240...send me my IEM...

I looked around, tested out a few different IEMs, even went and had impressions made. Im just not prepared for customs right now. Maybe the next ones i will do it.

Btw, do they send the whole setup again? Even if i had the PTH?

Just cause i paid and had them replaced, doesnt changed the fact that this type of service for a high end item like this is stupid. Just cause its the common practice, does NOT make it right.

If I received these with a note like that, I would have "inadvertently" lost them. Lets face it you;re going to be pissed no matter what, and trashing them all over the internet, so may as well make you really upset. Man I hope you don;t go into restaurants pissing off the waiters and Chefs like this

Jul 15, 2011 at 3:19 PM Post #77 of 108

Quote:
If I received these with a note like that, I would have "inadvertently" lost them. Lets face it you;re going to be pissed no matter what, and trashing them all over the internet, so may as well make you really upset. Man I hope you don;t go into restaurants pissing off the waiters and Chefs like this

Thats why i got tracking on it, as soon as it hits them they are responsible.

I ran a restaurant for years (on and off about 15 years, including a family owned), when people are upset, 90% of a time its cause of the server or service in the restaurant. I would NOT be upset if the service was good...but if the service was bad, we all have a right to be upset. We are paying you for a service, you dont like your job? You dont want to be at work on time? QUIT...simple as that. There will ALWAYS be someone to take your/their place.

Jul 15, 2011 at 3:29 PM Post #78 of 108

Quote:
If They were a  top notch service oriented company, they surely would have opened up shop for you earlier, or better yet go in on Saturdays, just for your POS 530's

they were open...

Its not like im expecting too much....i do expect them to be there when they said they are open though.

Jul 15, 2011 at 8:16 PM Post #81 of 108

Quote:
Please for the love of god buy a different brand of headphones next time.

As we've stated numerous times, all companies do this...  So what would a different brand do?  Same result, different company...  It doesn't solve anything.

Jul 16, 2011 at 1:08 AM Post #82 of 108

Quote:
Please for the love of god buy a different brand of headphones next time.

I would of, but time was a factor, only option atm...next time will go with customs.

Quote:
Why would you want anyone to get a customer like this?

cause all companies care about is money, plain and simple.

Jul 16, 2011 at 2:16 PM Post #83 of 108
[size=10pt]My advice to all at this point is don't feed the troll. [/size]

[size=10pt]We've had several posters who have pointed out that they felt the OP was being unreasonable. He went on and on about how he'd never buy another Shure product, and how he didn't even want to spend the money on the out of warranty offer for replacement with a new model at a bargain price. Then, somewhere along the line, he decided that he would indeed do that...and included an infantile "thanks for raping me" note along with.[/size]

[size=10pt]Now he's howling about how he's not going to have the replacement that he never wanted anyway in time for his purposes. He's already called Shure and ensured that they would go out of their way to get him his replacement on his now shortened timeline. All the while he's whining and moaning about what a horrible company they are in this thread and who knows what other threads elsewhere on the internet. Now, it appears that because of some sort of delivery hand-off goof, he may not have them in time...and now he's REALLY pissed![/size]

[size=10pt]Karma, anyone?[/size]

[size=10pt]If I were Shure I'd tell him to pound sand at this point. That infantile note after they were attempting to be accomodating with regard to the replacement that he was bitching about and his unnecessarily shortened time line (here's a clue...take them up on their offer right away next time) would have been the last straw for me.[/size]

[size=10pt]Again, don't feed the troll. Seems like he's enjoying all the attention. I'm not one to shut threads down, as tempting as it is to shut this one down...that typically prompts similar rants about censorship. Let this thread turn into the one man party that it should be. [/size]

Jul 16, 2011 at 3:06 PM Post #84 of 108
If I had a company's $500 earphone that lasted 2 years and they offered their latest top earphone for half price, I Shure as hell would take that deal and be happy. It's averages out to about $0.68/day to own these if they happened to break in 2 years, not that bad in my opinion.

Jul 16, 2011 at 4:58 PM Post #85 of 108
OK. After reading all this, here's how I understand it now:

Shure offered to sell OP the new SE535 at half MSRP to replace OP's defunct, older SE530.
Shure did not offer to repair, only to replace.

If my understanding is incorrect, please correct me.
If my understanding is correct, then why does Shure not propose a repair?

Jul 16, 2011 at 5:06 PM Post #86 of 108

Quote:
OK. After reading all this, here's how I understand it now:

Shure offered to sell OP the new SE535 at half MSRP to replace OP's defunct, older SE530.
Shure did not offer to repair, only to replace.

If my understanding is incorrect, please correct me.
If my understanding is correct, then why does Shure not propose a repair?

Your understanding is correct.  So why doesn't Shure do repairs?  Well, take a look at this thread. http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/561898/shure-se530-e500-iem-recabling-cable-repair-change-instruction

Shure would have to hire a professional to do this tedious job that can take hours...  You not only pay for parts, but also pay for the work...  If a mistake is done, the work is also increased.  Also, after the repair is finished the repairer has to confirm that the headphones are in the correct working position (a slight movement of the driver can affect sound).  This is as tedious as the previous.  This is not good for both the consumer and Shure since the repair would literally take forever.  It would be cheaper, and more time effective to just give you a refurb.  On top of that, a refurb has a less failure rate than a repaired product.

Jul 16, 2011 at 5:21 PM Post #87 of 108

Quote:

Your understanding is correct.  So why doesn't Shure do repairs?  Well, take a look at this thread. http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/561898/shure-se530-e500-iem-recabling-cable-repair-change-instruction

Shure would have to hire a professional to do this tedious job that can take hours...  You not only pay for parts, but also pay for the work...  If a mistake is done, the work is also increased.  Also, after the repair is finished the repairer has to confirm that the headphones are in the correct working position (a slight movement of the driver can affect sound).  This is as tedious as the previous.  This is not good for both the consumer and Shure since the repair would literally take forever.  It would be cheaper, and more time effective to just give you a refurb.  On top of that, a refurb has a less failure rate than a repaired product.

Maybe Elrod (MOD) Is correct and this Guy is Hungry for Narcissistic attention. Or simply a troll. I can;t believe this dumb ass thread is still up and I cringe every time I see the this Header in the upfront forum. Of Course now I"M contributing to it too, but..
I had several Problems with my 530's I had 4  in all and each one had to sent back due to cable issues. 2 were sent back twice. While this was a pain in the Arse known problem, EACH TIME Shure was absolutely outstanding in their service. Promptly replaced. Trust me I'd voice an opinion if I were mistreated, and SHURE handled me as a valued customer each and every time

Jul 16, 2011 at 5:55 PM Post #88 of 108
Ah, in that case then we do have a bit of troll problem on our hands. Seeing how that much of work is involved and for how long the SE530 has been discontinued, a shiny new SE535 at half MSRP is much, much more than reasonable.
I agree that OP should stop posting in that manner (or just stop, period).

Jul 18, 2011 at 10:22 AM Post #89 of 108
feeding the trolls huh? HAHAHAHAHHAHAA......

Dont worry guys, im far from a troll. I just love showing other people what head-fi has become. It has turned into a biased and one sided discussion in almost any thread. Amazing. I post my personal bad experiences with Shure and im a troll......classic.

Ive come to see why this board is where it is today and that the old people that use to really enjoy an unbiased opinion has moved on to other forums and left this behind. You will always have the mods in here protecting the companies that contribute, good for you guys....im sure Jude would be proud.

Im sure we all meet at Canjam and we can discuss this in person....people do not have the right facts about this and its turning into a grape vine type of thing.

The ONLY reason i bought the Shures again was A- Time to finish customs, B- Money to get the ones i want and C- they agreed to have it shipped quickly (at my expense mind you).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back