In-Ears for Metal up to 60$
Oct 3, 2011 at 10:10 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

Goalkeeper1

New Head-Fier
Hi,

I'm looking for a new pair of In-Ears. I mostly listen to extreme metal like death, thrash or black but to ambitious metal like progressive or power.

Which In-Ears up to 60$ would fit to bands like Arch Enemy, Nile, Cannibal Corpse, Behemoth, Six Feet Under, Slayer, Dream Theater, Fates Warning, Edguy, Stratovarius, etc.

Oct 3, 2011 at 10:46 AM Post #2 of 13
I use $30 JLab J3's. A little dark, great thump on the drums and crunch on the guitars, but has detailed enough cymbal crashes. Has a few rough edges but if the volume is kept low enough it won't be a problem. Love it playing Behemoth.

Oct 3, 2011 at 10:53 AM Post #3 of 13
My first pair of in ears were the Sennheiser CX400-ii and I listen to metal only. They were pretty good for the price but they are old now. I suggest getting the newer CX280, which I suppose would have a similar if not better SQ to the CX400s. FWIR, the bass is tight and controlled, while adding warmth to the music and the treble is said to be nicely detailed and extended. Nevertheless, you will be expecting the typical Sennheiser laid-back midrange. You can get them for $45 on Amazon.

Oct 4, 2011 at 3:42 AM Post #10 of 13
a151 or cc51 are quite good

don't get the S4

pl30 had a great soundstage for more atmospheric metal songs

the altec lansing earphone thats a rebranded etymotic er4s should be quite good as i find the HF5's to work quite well with metal

Oct 4, 2011 at 4:36 AM Post #12 of 13

Quote:
Fischer Audio Eterna
smily_headphones1.gif
They´re great with metal

They're good for anything in general but Silver Bullets are even better(for metal).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back