in-Ear recommendations? 100$ and below
Jul 18, 2013 at 5:57 PM Post #16 of 27
If online isn't an option, then go for Klipsch. I would have suggested the X10 but I think you'd be hard-pressed to find them for less then $150, especially if the price of the S4's is $105 where you are... (In store they are $79 here in Canada). The S4 is one of the best all-around buds in my opinion... As you want, they'll handle just about every genre pretty well, which is why I suggested them.

Jul 18, 2013 at 6:56 PM Post #17 of 27
I'd look at the Shure SE125's, Hi-fi man RE-400's, Klipsch Image X10's, TF10's

I don't really like the S4's, they have good clarity for a mainstream $80 earphone and really deep bass but they are annoying in the 7-8khs range I think? I can only listen to the for a while with guitars without eq. The SE215's aren't perfect, I like them a lot better but they are smoother and less agressive and a little to rolled off up top. Never heard the RE-400's.

Jul 18, 2013 at 6:58 PM Post #18 of 27
Hello!

Here's a thread for you to determine if the x10 is fake or original: http://www.head-fi.org/t/638819/attention-fake-klipsch-image-x10

In case it is fake, the Klipsch S4 have a huge midbass bump and a very recessed mids thus I do not think it's a good IEM that sound good with all genre of music.

Unfortunately, I have very little experience with IEM so those are the words I can advice you with. :xf_eek:

How I wish I can guide you more :/
Billson

Jul 18, 2013 at 7:44 PM Post #19 of 27
If online isn't an option, then go for Klipsch. I would have suggested the X10 but I think you'd be hard-pressed to find them for less then $150, especially if the price of the S4's is $105 where you are... (In store they are $79 here in Canada). The S4 is one of the best all-around buds in my opinion... As you want, they'll handle just about every genre pretty well, which is why I suggested them.

What does noise isolation means? Tried searching but cant find the right answer, does s4 does it job when it comes to noise isolating? Btw i really hate the feeling when im wearing in-earphones, i feel like im underwater and i can hear myself breathing if you know what i mean. As i said, s4 cost 100$ at Macstore but if i buy it online it only cost 40-50$ while x10's price is 80-100$ which is the original price of s4(via macstore) thats why i doubt if the x10 from online seller is original or fake butsince it is a trusted seller(alot of positive feedbacks) and there's a guide to know if its fake or not might consider it if its really that worth within its price range.
I'd look at the Shure SE125's, Hi-fi man RE-400's, Klipsch Image X10's, TF10's

I don't really like the S4's, they have good clarity for a mainstream $80 earphone and really deep bass but they are annoying in the 7-8khs range I think? I can only listen to the for a while with guitars without eq. The SE215's aren't perfect, I like them a lot better but they are smoother and less agressive and a little to rolled off up top. Never heard the RE-400's.

Havent heard of TF10, what brand is it? I pretty doubt Hifi and shure, hard to find them here in our country. Btw does that deep bass range makes the iem fall? any other brand suggestion(ive included at the first page the list im interested to and the brands which im sure available here in our country).

Hello!

Here's a thread for you to determine if the x10 is fake or original: http://www.head-fi.org/t/638819/attention-fake-klipsch-image-x10

In case it is fake, the Klipsch S4 have a huge midbass bump and a very recessed mids thus I do not think it's a good IEM that sound good with all genre of music.

Unfortunately, I have very little experience with IEM so those are the words I can advice you with. :xf_eek:

How I wish I can guide you more :/
Billson

No worries mate, anything you said is much appreciated since im the one asking. :) Thanks anyway!

Jul 18, 2013 at 8:58 PM Post #20 of 27
Quote:
What does noise isolation means? Tried searching but cant find the right answer, does s4 does it job when it comes to noise isolating? Btw i really hate the feeling when im wearing in-earphones, i feel like im underwater and i can hear myself breathing if you know what i mean. As i said, s4 cost 100$ at Macstore but if i buy it online it only cost 40-50$ while x10's price is 80-100$ which is the original price of s4(via macstore) thats why i doubt if the x10 from online seller is original or fake butsince it is a trusted seller(alot of positive feedbacks) and there's a guide to know if its fake or not might consider it if its really that worth within its price range.
Havent heard of TF10, what brand is it? I pretty doubt Hifi and shure, hard to find them here in our country. Btw does that deep bass range makes the iem fall? any other brand suggestion(ive included at the first page the list im interested to and the brands which im sure available here in our country).
No worries mate, anything you said is much appreciated since im the one asking.
smily_headphones1.gif
Thanks anyway!

Sorry I post on here a lot and don't know how experienced people are with terms.

Noise Isolation is how much noise the IEM's (in ear monitors) block out, we use the term noise isolation or noise attenuation so people don't get confused with active noise cancellation because a lot of people over use that term which only applies to NC headphones that have a circuit that sense incoming noise and output sound waves to cancel the external sound, these are expensive and general don't sound as good, not bad but not as good as something passive for the same price. Also they only block constant sounds where IEM will block every thing.

I'm only familiar with what is readily available in the US you will have to let us know what you can get and what you can't.

The X10's are just like that, the X10i's are still $300 but the X10's can be had for under $150. The X10's are better than the S4's.

The TF10's are the Ultimate Ear's Triple Fi 10's.

You should be able to get the RE-400's from head direct.

Jul 19, 2013 at 4:39 AM Post #21 of 27
Hello guys, unfortunately the in-ear you suggested isnt available at audio hub :frowning2:, So ive auditioned some and i guess westone um1 is good. So i bought it, any tips? How long should i burn-in it? Was my decision good? Please dont tell me ive made a bad choice :frowning2: Thanks again guys!

Jul 19, 2013 at 6:38 AM Post #22 of 27
Westone is a company known for very good iems (universal and custom used by musicians and audiophiles) and the UM1 is their entry model. If you like it than that's fine becauce the most important thing is that YOU like the sound signature and not someone others opinion or taste. (Westone has a very good image and is a respected company among HiFi Fans).

Jul 19, 2013 at 7:29 AM Post #23 of 27
Agreed. As long as you like them is all that matters. Take suggestions on this site as personal opinions; everyone's ears are different, everyone's tastes are different, and we all hear things differently. Westone is a wicked company that's been around for quite some time.

Jul 19, 2013 at 7:47 AM Post #24 of 27
Westone is a company known for very good iems (universal and custom used by musicians and audiophiles) and the UM1 is their entry model. If you like it than that's fine becauce the most important thing is that YOU like the sound signature and not someone others opinion or taste. (Westone has a very good image and is a respected company among HiFi Fans).

Agreed. As long as you like them is all that matters. Take suggestions on this site as personal opinions; everyone's ears are different, everyone's tastes are different, and we all hear things differently. Westone is a wicked company that's been around for quite some time.

Everything you stated is true, but ofcourse i want everyone's opinion since im new when it comes to IEM that cost more than 40$ which is alot and i dont want my money to go to waste. Im just asking for your opinion for guidelines but still its for me to decide. Thanks again guys! Im glad to be here in this forum.

Btw is it necessary to burn in Westone UM1, if its necessary though how? and last any suggestions on how to improve this in-ear? Thanks again guys!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back