In-Ear headphones for hiphop below $300?
Dec 17, 2010 at 3:27 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

ChocoholicVu

New Head-Fier
Hey!

I'm currently wondering what in-ear headphones I should get for hiphop that's under $300 bucks!
Recently, there have been Shure se425 and Monster Turbines pro on sale for $300 in Canada, but i'm wondering, what's the best bass in-ear headphones for me?

Should I spent the extra $100 on triplefi-10? 

I'm quite an amateur on this stuff, help please? :D

Dec 17, 2010 at 5:06 PM Post #2 of 5
the Munitio 9mm IEM's have ridiculous bass and are awesome with hip hop, electronica, etc: https://munitio.com/products-page

I've A/B'd them with the Monster Turbines and the Munitios have much better bass.  It's not "fake" bloated bass, it's deep and extended and hits hard while staying clean and powerful.

Dec 17, 2010 at 5:36 PM Post #3 of 5

Quote:
the Munitio 9mm IEM's have ridiculous bass and are awesome with hip hop, electronica, etc: https://munitio.com/products-page

I've A/B'd them with the Monster Turbines and the Munitios have much better bass.  It's not "fake" bloated bass, it's deep and extended and hits hard while staying clean and powerful.

I can't say anything on the sound on those, but wow they sure look beautiful.

Anyways, OP, check out the Radius DDM or possibly a used Sennheiser IE8 if you don't mind going that route. 

Dec 18, 2010 at 12:33 PM Post #4 of 5

Quote:

Did you compare the Munitio's to the original turbines? or the turbines pro? 

Also, how is the other stuff? Such as highs/lows, I've been hearing EXCELLENT things about the bass, and only the bass, but none of the other specs so far. help please? :D

Dec 19, 2010 at 11:33 PM Post #5 of 5
the original turbines, I've never heard the Pro's.

the other stuff is great, it's not a "one trick pony" headphone.  The treble is smooth and sweet; if you like a warm, smooth sound you will love it, not just with hip hop.  The thing is, the bass is stunning and the first thing that stands out, but it's not like it's "bloated" bass that gets all boomy and become annoying after a while... it's smooth, tight, extended bass, like listening to music with a good subwoofer where you feel the "presence" of the music. 

So if you are listening to, say, alternative or classic rock, it sounds warm and "sweet" with a rich, smooth tone.  It's the difference between a "warm" speaker vs. a "bright" speaker... if you are looking for a "neutral" sound with a "sparkly" treble, that's not the Munitios.  But it's not like bass is BAD for other types of music!  Only if it's flabby and non-articulate.  But there is really a lot of bass content even in indie or alternative or jazz...

And, again, the rest of the sound is smooth and balanced, so it's non-fatiguing.  Sparkly treble can sound impressive on an initial listen, but personally I think "bright" or "sparkly" speakers/phones become painful with extended listening.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back