In ear headphones for $50-$70?
Aug 29, 2013 at 3:31 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Network24

New Head-Fier
I'm currently looking to buy a new pair of headphones (in ear). I had a pair of Sennheiser CX 680s that a friend gave to me and I was very pleased with them. But they broke so now I'm trying to find something else that won't break after a year of use. I also just want them to sound good right out of the box. No amps, mods, etc. I mainly listen to rap (Kendrick Lamar, Common, Lupe Fiasco). I also listen to a lot of Coldplay, Gorillaz, Empire of the Sun, etc. I'm looking to spend $50-$70. $100 at the most if need be. I've read a few of the ratings of in ear headphones on this site and see that the HiFiMan RE400 Waterline is recommeded a lot. Can anyone give any insight on these or perhaps other headphones I should look into in my price range? Thanks.

Aug 29, 2013 at 3:40 PM Post #2 of 2
Quote:
I'm currently looking to buy a new pair of headphones (in ear). I had a pair of Sennheiser CX 680s that a friend gave to me and I was very pleased with them. But they broke so now I'm trying to find something else that won't break after a year of use. I'm looking to spend $100 at the the most. I've read a few of the ratings of in ear headphones on this site and see that the HiFiMan RE400 Waterline is recommeded a lot. Can anyone give any insight on these or perhaps other headphones I should look into? Thanks.

The Audio Technica Ath a900x can be had [in the united states] for about $100 some times, I'd suggest you try buying refurbished [which is honestly better than used] or REALLY watch ebay. I got a used pair for $93 dollars, which was about 1 month ago, I got them $8 cheaper than a buy it now Refurbished pair lol, and Amazon sells the Ath a900x Refurbished for $110 free shipping in case your are impaitent.

But I like the Ath a900x, and the guy who bought mine is enjoying them alot! 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back