In-Ear Bass Earphones?
May 26, 2012 at 1:34 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 19

pixelated

New Head-Fier
Hi all,

I'm new to the forums. I'm looking for something specific. I listen to mostly trance, drum & bass, and basically anything else bass-driven. In the past I've had good luck with Sennheiser earphones, specifically the cx 500 brand which has now been replaced by cx 500 Titanium. While it would be great to have this pair again, I can't seem to find them anywhere, and what I do find are most definitely fakes. Is there anything anybody could suggest to replace this pair I grew so attached to? Anything that is similar? Again anything in-ear and bass-driven would be great. As far as price ranges go I would say my limit is $150 as I find quality in earphones does not mean endurance. In other words they end up breaking before I can afford to replace them.

Thanks!

May 26, 2012 at 1:44 AM Post #2 of 19
I should add that I also need a legitimate place to buy the earphones because in the past I've received two fake pairs - not cool. I'm sure they were both from eBay.

Thanks.

May 26, 2012 at 2:20 AM Post #3 of 19
I listen to van Buuren, Tiesto, Glitch Mob, Bluetech, Trentemoller...etc and I find the Triple.fi 10s to give me the best portable sound for the genre. If you can spare a bit more, the CK10s are great too, but my triplefis replaced my old CK10s if that tells you anything.

May 26, 2012 at 5:07 AM Post #4 of 19
Quote:
I should add that I also need a legitimate place to buy the earphones because in the past I've received two fake pairs - not cool. I'm sure they were both from eBay.

Thanks.

If you are buying Sennheisers, you need to do so from an authorized dealer. They are notorious for having a lot of fakes out on the market, if you don't go through an authorized dealer (which voids the warranty anyway) it's around a 90% chance of getting fakes.

That being said, for bass in that price range you should look at the Audio Technica CKS77 and the Future Sonics Atrios.

May 26, 2012 at 10:10 PM Post #6 of 19
I know bose gets a lot of flak, but their in ear triports I think sound pretty decent for being a little heavy on the bass.

Now that you can get them for as low as $60 or so(rarely, during a sale), they really are not that bad of a deal. I had mine for a year and a half before they succumbed to wear and tear, and I may buy them again, as I am in the market for IEM's...

May 26, 2012 at 10:20 PM Post #8 of 19
How about these. As they will set you back a measly $21 or so and will blow your mind how good they sound. Better SQ than the Atrios.

JVC HA-FX101. Don't let the toyish looks fool you. How about you get the Atrios. And a set of these. See which one you send packing. lol!.

Read more about them. I did an A/B against my MG7s. here. http://www.head-fi.org/t/586909/the-discovery-thread-new-the-jvc-ha-fx40-page-83-jvc-ha-fx101-page-96/1485#post_8398592

May 27, 2012 at 12:21 AM Post #9 of 19
Quote:
Thank you for the responses and suggestions. I am definitely leading towards Atrios. :)

I've owned Atrios, I didn't find them very exciting as people mention, just be weary of that.. The bass was great in volume but that's about all I have to say on them. Have a read up on the Hippo VB, I've owned them too. You can have them from Jaben Audio for about $79 and get better sound tha Atrios imo at lesser price. Bass goes deeper, same volume, better build quality. By all means if Atrio was great I'd say go for it, I can't justify saying that in compression to Hippo VB.  

Jun 1, 2012 at 6:28 AM Post #12 of 19
Quote:
How about these. As they will set you back a measly $21 or so and will blow your mind how good they sound. Better SQ than the Atrios.

JVC HA-FX101. Don't let the toyish looks fool you. How about you get the Atrios. And a set of these. See which one you send packing. lol!.

Read more about them. I did an A/B against my MG7s. here. http://www.head-fi.org/t/586909/the-discovery-thread-new-the-jvc-ha-fx40-page-83-jvc-ha-fx101-page-96/1485#post_8398592

I vote for these as well. I like these even better than my ATH-CKS77s, and those are some pretty awesome headphones, especially for the kind of music the OP listens to.

Jun 3, 2012 at 6:36 AM Post #15 of 19
I listen to a lot of what you do and for really good bass but also good mids and highs the Atrio MG7 is an excellent choice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back