In a dilemma, Um3x or W3?
May 8, 2013 at 6:14 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

TheOriginal

New Head-Fier
Hey guys. I am in trouble now cuz i don't know what to get.
I have a pair of TF10, they sounds great and i love it,but it just won't fit i guess.
So what should i get?Um3x or W3?I listen to some metals and dubs most likely.

May 8, 2013 at 7:48 AM Post #2 of 12
Quote:
Hey guys. I am in trouble now cuz i don't know what to get.
I have a pair of TF10, they sounds great and i love it,but it just won't fit i guess.
So what should i get?Um3x or W3?I listen to some metals and dubs most likely.

You can reshell and add drivers to the TF-10. There are many advantages of a custom. It costs $110 or something to get it reshelled at Fischer Audio. 

May 8, 2013 at 9:57 AM Post #3 of 12
Both UM3x and W3 are great. Personally, I think the W3 would be better for the genre's you mention as they are a bit more V-shaped and
particularly good for metal! 
   Though the UM3x does have amazing separation that can be good for picking out details in Metal, I would give the W3 the overall nod 
L3000.gif

May 8, 2013 at 10:32 AM Post #4 of 12
I found the W3 too bright, sibilant even. The UM3X was one of my favorite monitors and I'm still pissed that I sold it off. Not much for sound stage but it did everything else so well. I know I'll end up buying it again.

May 9, 2013 at 6:35 PM Post #10 of 12
If you like the TF10, definitely the W3.

Going to the UM3X with a non-existant soundstage that is very closed in sounding will be a downer.  But it does everything else very well.

May 10, 2013 at 11:20 AM Post #12 of 12
Personally I prefer the UM3X, but if you expect it to sound like the TF10 you will be HUGELY disappointed, because they essentially represent opposite styles of listening to music. The UM3X is tonally neutral with forward mids, mildly enhanced but even bass, and smooth treble, whereas the TF10 is tonally very colored, with slightly recessed mids, a midbass hump, and emphasized, slightly metallic treble.

You might want to check out the UE900. I'll be getting a pair within the next week, I'll let you know how they compare to the UM3X and, from memory, the TF10 if you like :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back