In a Dilemma SR60i..
Jan 18, 2012 at 11:34 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

PlanBSTI

New Head-Fier
I have a little dilemma here.

I was planning on picking up a uDac2, but you know most of the time your shopping around you looking at other things and I happen to stumble onto the SR60i's.

I know they're good headphones

But I have a PC360 headset, based off the HD595, same driver, just close vs open. Also have a thing that stick out for you to be heard over the internet(mic). The price point is over $400 in differences(HD595)

I am wondering if it's worth picking up the SR60i, I haven't been listening on the go very much. I have a pair of senns (HD220 addias) that I use for when i'm on the go. But these will mainly be used for my Macbook pro along with the udac2. Usually indoors and quiet environment.

Jan 18, 2012 at 12:33 PM Post #4 of 6
Yeah thanks for the input.

Which is why I started this thread. I haven't heard any other brands. 

Grado has a different feel or sound from I've read.

Would you recommend these over the HD220's I currently use for my macbook + uDac2 or should I just not bother?

Jan 18, 2012 at 2:10 PM Post #5 of 6
You ran across them?  Do you have direct access to them?  If so, ask to listen to them before purchasing.  Grado's are definitely not for everyone, and I believe you shouldn't buy them without trying them.  They have a bright, energetic sound, which meshes well for most types of rock, but don't have deep bass impact. 

Another thing to consider, many have issues with the feel and fit of Grado's.  I personally don't like the stock pads that come with the SR-60i's (the S-Cush Comfies).  I wound up making my own custom pads. 

Jan 18, 2012 at 5:43 PM Post #6 of 6
Hmm, I'll pass then, I was looking at them online, No retailers I've looked here carry's them here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back